Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbox mods

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
Just wondering about the 2 hole mod and the intake, if i open her up a bit more with a stanley knife, what will happen? Increased/Decreased fuel comsumtion? Bit more power? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Read through this thread, it'll give you all the information you need for creating an effective, cheap CAI.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=18150

You should notice increased throttle response and marginally decreased fuel consumption (especially on highways). It will not affect your car negatively in any way. Its a great mod that can be done for $15-20

Stanley knives won't do the job on that plastic though... Its too thick. I used a dremel to cut it out and sand it back. But a jigsaw does the job as well.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah i was gonna say, a stanley knife will not do jack interms of cutting a hole in the box. I used a jig saw to modify mine during my SS inducation CAI installation

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
I meant a stanley knife to the intake, you know, cut her back to the 2nd line

I read the pvc post a while back, looks a bit defectable if you ask me, thanks anyway

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
bsbozzy said:
I meant a stanley knife to the intake, you know, cut her back to the 2nd line

I read the pvc post a while back, looks a bit defectable if you ask me, thanks anyway

i can't see that doing anything at all

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
Fair enough, i did read it somewhere...

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
ProphetVX said:
Read through this thread, it'll give you all the information you need for creating an effective, cheap CAI.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=18150

You should notice increased throttle response and marginally decreased fuel consumption (especially on highways). It will not affect your car negatively in any way. Its a great mod that can be done for $15-20

Stanley knives won't do the job on that plastic though... Its too thick. I used a dremel to cut it out and sand it back. But a jigsaw does the job as well.
Stanley knives should make short work of a hole to the air box,if you would bother of course.

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
Not the air box, that would be drill bit with one of those circular saw things attached

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
We are talking about plastic,I have seen the thickness of the airbox and if I wanted a hole,a box cutter/stanley knife could do the job.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
beeks said:
We are talking about plastic,I have seen the thickness of the airbox and if I wanted a hole,a box cutter/stanley knife could do the job.
I snapped 4 stanley blades before giving up on trying to do it that way... A stanley knife is useless on that plastic.