Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aircon always on?

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Does anyones aircon seem to always be on? If I have it switched off and the fan running, it seems to always be ice cold?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
It takes a while (several minutes) for the airflow to get back to ambient temperature after you have switched the A/C off.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
yeah without circ pressed it vents all the time. can alwasy feel a breeze through the vents. luckily pressing circ doesnt turn it on. can you set it so auto button works with circ as well?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I noticed that today I was driving home from work with the AC off but the fans set on 5 and as I was pulling into the bottlo it was cold as if the AC was running I even hit the AC Botton on and off just to check (it was turned off) but was still ice cold.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Ensure all lights to do with HAVC are off. Press or turn the fan knob to turn off. Turn fan back on to desired speed. Aircon should now be off.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Its always on regardless of the little light when you have the vent set to windscreen.

Mine also turns the aircon on and sets itself to recirculate by itself each time I start the car.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Its always on regardless of the little light when you have the vent set to windscreen.

Mine also turns the aircon on and sets itself to recirculate by itself each time I start the car.
Death by VOC!

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
In the VF SII, aircon is automatic on/off by default, especially if the driver side dial is set to Auto. It will start and stop to achieve and maintain the set temperature.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt

I do have it set to windscreen/feet, the AC button light doesn't turn on when I do that so maybe that's where I'm going wrong?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I do have it set to windscreen/feet, the AC button light doesn't turn on when I do that so maybe that's where I'm going wrong?
Yes because it is in demist mode. Recirculate mode will do the same especially if you enter a tunnel like eastlink or Citylink.