Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aircon vent Issues

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
My 2010 S1 VE Calais has a strange issue. Sometimes (80% of the time) when I turn the car on, the air doesn't come out of the chest high vents. comes out of the feet and windscreen no problems. If i hold the demister button for the 10 seconds, resets no problems. Also, if I turn to ignition setting, 90% time it works, but as soon as I start the car, it dies. Any idea what this would be? Is there a control module that is forgetting the settings when its turned off?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Maybe a Vac Leak ?
Maybe the HVAC system needs to be reset ?,
Luckily I haven't had to do that to mine.
But after sussing out the menu's, I think there is a reset option on the HVAC system.
Correct me if I am wrong, But I think it can also be done with a Tech2 [ODBII unit].
Where that may rectify the problem.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The VE HVAC on the S1 Calais doesn’t use vacuum. It’s all electronic.
There is a module.
Do a quick search and you’ll find some of my posts on the subject.

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Fu Manchu, I have looked at your posts, and they have helped me ala the 10 sec demister trick. I cant see any posts regarding my specific issue. Do I need to tune a HVAC module to my car? If not, I can grab a working 2nd hand one for $100 and swap it out myself if this is the likely issue.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Thanks Fu Manchu. The actuators appear to be fine, resetting them works 100%. Just loses the middle vents on ignition turn off. So I am guessing its the control module. Also, are the modules the same for S1 and S2?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, they seem to be interchangeable. There are part numbers that are different and software versions that are different. Ultimately they should all work.

You just need to make sure it’s dual zone.

They aren’t VIN matched.

@VFSV6FORME would probably disagree on this. His moody VE is in a right stink about the module in his.

He has some good info posted in his “VE on the cheap thread” that includes part numbers and a break down of the codes printed on the module.

Castlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
hey guys, i have exact same problem in a series 1 ve ss, single zone, i have got more dash in the boot than in the car atm :(, the module is the last thing for me to change but it isnt throwing any error codes, and no matter what i do, we even took the arms off the actuators and tried to make it come out the chest vents it wouldn't do it so that one must be electronic between that and the demister as the demister must be the default if this happens for safety reasons. i have even left the negative off the battery for the afternoon to try and hard reset the electronics to no avail. Holden want to charge 154 an hour + parts to fix it.....so ive left the dash out but i will find a cheap module and swap it out to see if that's the issue. will report back when i swap it to find out.

any other ideas will be helpful :)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
hey guys, i have exact same problem in a series 1 ve ss, single zone, i have got more dash in the boot than in the car atm :(, the module is the last thing for me to change but it isnt throwing any error codes, and no matter what i do, we even took the arms off the actuators and tried to make it come out the chest vents it wouldn't do it so that one must be electronic between that and the demister as the demister must be the default if this happens for safety reasons. i have even left the negative off the battery for the afternoon to try and hard reset the electronics to no avail. Holden want to charge 154 an hour + parts to fix it.....so ive left the dash out but i will find a cheap module and swap it out to see if that's the issue. will report back when i swap it to find out.

any other ideas will be helpful :)
OOOOOoooh just notice this post just NOW!! and have to go shopping soon

I still have the dreaded no air coming out from the front face vents whenever the car feels like it. I have changed swapped 4 HVAC modules and the car is the same. The same HVAC Modules works good on my second VE so work that out.
I have spoke to 2 Air Con Mobs and one of them said to me that they call the Auto Electrician out to re program the HVAC, Being SUSS about this I asked about this as I said If you get the HVAC module Programmed that cost $$$$$ what If you dont fix it. they said we will do this more $$$$$$ but what happens if this does not fix the Issue he replied we will do this and that and that will cost $$$$$$$ but what happens if it still not FIXED? OHHH we can try this but it will cost over a $1000,
No thanks.
We will get to the bottom of this issue so stick here on this or my other thread about this matter.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
By the way I have 2 VE with the glove box and other out.