Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aircon Will Only Demist????

greekplaya

Wog On Wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 Olympic Ediiton
Hey guys,

Just thought I would randomly try my aircon the other night to see if it was running fine and I found out it's only coming out the demister for the windscreen no matter what setting I have the dial at. It's just your standard aircon not climate control.

Any ideas?

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
You have a vacume leak, see if you can hear any hissing noises from under the dash area.

greekplaya

Wog On Wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok I'll have to check again once I get home, I'm guessing that can be a fairly big job to find/replace?

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Check for a vacuum leak under the bonnet first ,just because it's more accessible, to see whether there is a hose off or split.I only say that cos although I don't know where the junction will be under or behind the dash ,you can be fairly sure that it will be a pain in the butt to get at.In most Fords you can access it simply by removing the glovebox

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The hose under the bonnet is a thin one that should be connected at the rear of the intake manifold. That is the easiest thing to check first and it is quite often the problem.

greekplaya

Wog On Wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that, sorry for the dumb question but is that the part I need to change or will that be where the leaking hose is?

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
You'll know that when you get to it but it seems likely that you'll have to change the "actuator".Good on you 50ltrv8 for chasing that up.I reckon that plenty of guys will appreciate it and it's hard to beat good pictures.