Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aircon works perfect but heater doesn't

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 not a 5 speed auto :(
Brought a ve sv6 08 recently and the aircon works perfect but the heater doesn't, I disconnected the battery for an hour to disalign it and everything was coming out the bottom but was still cold air, Realigned it by holding the square button for about 10 seconds and it realigned but never a sign of warm air coming out, Aircon 100% turns on and off as it goes really really cold when it's on so i know that works for a fact. Any ideas? Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Unlike Commodores and Holdens previous, the VE doesn’t have a heater tap. Coolant is always circulated through the heater core and temp is adjusted with an internal door between the evaporator core from the ac and the heater core.
Either the actuator for the temp door is no good or the door is broken internally.
Actuator is easy to fix.
Door will make you cry.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Since hvac internal issues will make you cry as Fu can attest.

As a sanity check I’d confirm the heater hoses that go from the water pump to the firewall are actually fitted :p Who knows, maybe the previous owner had a hvac heater core leak and … well.. now we are back to crying :confused:

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 not a 5 speed auto :(
Since hvac internal issues will make you cry as Fu can attest.

As a sanity check I’d confirm the heater hoses that go from the water pump to the firewall are actually fitted :p Who knows, maybe the previous owner had a hvac heater core leak and … well.. now we are back to crying :confused:

Having issues trying to locate the water pump, Any clues ahahah feels like im playing wheres wally

EDIT: Left battery disconnected for about an hour plugged back in and pressed realign and after doing this 4 times previously it magically started working????? Assuming accuator? I can't hear clicking ever though its always a clean realign sound though? Very confusing

Last edited:

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Having issues trying to locate the water pump, Any clues ahahah feels like im playing wheres wally

EDIT: Left battery disconnected for about an hour plugged back in and pressed realign and after doing this 4 times previously it magically started working????? Assuming accuator? I can't hear clicking ever though its always a clean realign sound though? Very confusing
It’s smack in front of the engine just next to/below the filler neck on a V6

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Brought a ve sv6 08 recently and the aircon works perfect but the heater doesn't, I disconnected the battery for an hour to disalign it and everything was coming out the bottom but was still cold air, Realigned it by holding the square button for about 10 seconds and it realigned but never a sign of warm air coming out, Aircon 100% turns on and off as it goes really really cold when it's on so i know that works for a fact. Any ideas? Cheers
Reset the HVAC & that should fix your heater problem

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Flip the problem so it’s easier…

Look at the firewall and find the two heater hoses and follow them back towards the water pump :p

And just in case you‘re not sure where the firewall is, it‘s the big body panel under the windscreen, behind the engine and infront of the cabin (just joking) :p:p:p

PS: I think there is a link to a VE workshop manual floating about on some forum post… could be helpful finding and downloading it. Maybe some member has a link to that post :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.