Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airhammer Intake

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
Hey Guys my first post so go easy :)

I got myself an 07 VE sv6 a couple weeks back, and i've been looking for some performance mods i can make.

the airhammer kit seems to be mentioned a few times. Do you guys think its worth the money? (VELOCITY AUTO :: PRODUCTS)

I'm currently on my green p plates in NSW, so technically according to the rta site im not allowed to have performance mods. Have any of my fellow p platers changed their intakes had any problems from the cops etc?

has any one used the walkinshw CAI? Walkinshaw Performance - ve Walkinshaw Performance Cold Air Intake

my car came with a walkinshaw exhaust

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
mate go the air hammer. i dont have long left on my greens and have never been asked to open the bonnet or anything like that. it comes done to how you drive. drive like a hoon then expect them to be hassling you about the mods.

Also with the air hammer kit technically they cant say anything as long as you have the shield as all they can see is the pipe they cant pin you up for anything.

Cheers

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
kool. yea I think i'll grab the whole kit which includes the shield.

is there much to maintaining them? looks like just a re-oil. how often would i need to do it?

jono0309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I had the airhammer but took it off, I got the black silicone to allow it have the "stock" look. Definitely looks more convincing than some of the ebay ones, all chrome and what not.
Cheers

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
hmm ok if that is the case then why would you go for the full kit vs a stage 1 kit (just the pipe and the filter) VELOCITY AUTO :: PRODUCTS

??

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
From what ive read the airhammer is one of the best for the ve. Just ordered one for my sv6 the other day. Will let you know how it goes.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
the walkinshaw one is just a rebadged ss inductions growler, all walkinshaw stuff is someone elses

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
would be interested to here what you think of it once you've put it in tommo. Did you buy it directly through there website?