Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airhammer Intake

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The insulators are from mace. Look at the sponsors part of the forms.

Intake still hasn't arrived yet. Hoping it comes this week as I want to install on the weekend.

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
kool tommo. Are you doing the install yourself? having not done any work like this before and now that you've got me interested in the manifold insulators im wondering if I should do the same airhammer+manifold insulators but looking at the install instructions for the manifold insulators makes me think i should probably get it done professionally.

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
kool tommo. Are you doing the install yourself? having not done any work like this before and now that you've got me interested in the manifold insulators im wondering if I should do the same airhammer+manifold insulators but looking at the install instructions for the manifold insulators makes me think i should probably get it done professionally.

No way the spacers take all of about 5 minutes to install, i think everyone has done there own.
Just under the 6 bolts holding the manifold on lift it up slide the spacers under line it up with the same bolts done.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
One of my mates dads is a mechanic and will just go around to his.

No way the spacers take all of about 5 minutes to install, i think everyone has done there own.
Just under the 6 bolts holding the manifold on lift it up slide the spacers under line it up with the same bolts done.

So did you not bother undoing all the hoses and plugs and what not like the instructions say?

Just undo the bolts lift the manifold up and slide the insulators in? And did you not use the bolts mace gave you?

JonnyDe

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I would just do it yourself, really easy to do. You have to remove the manifold to access the spark plugs so Id do that at the same time

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
have you guys got any feedback on the russo otr maf version intake?

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
hey tommo did you manage to get yours in?

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Nope. Still hasn't arrived. Been almost 2 weeks since I ordered.

I rang Jason form velocity auto on Thursday and he said he was on his way to Ballarat or Bendigo (can't remember which one) and wont be able to confirm if my intake got sent out or not until Monday.

Guess i will find out tomorrow when he calls. Will let you know when i get it installed. Hopefully next weekend.

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Was wondering who has an air hammer or other? And what gains have you noticed? Should i expect much? K&n says 7rwkw for there cai. Thanks