Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airhammer Intake

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
did yours come yet tommo?? i think i'll just order one now anyway, general feedback seems to be good for them

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yeh it has mate. Got dropped off on Friday. Will be putting it in tomorrow. Will do the manifold insulators later on. Let you know tomorrow night how it goes.

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
I've been told that I should just get a cotton filter, K&N or similar as a straight drop in replacement... that will do the same thing for a whole lot less cost. Buying the airhammer or similar won't likely be much better than just a good filter.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
hi flow air filter in stock airbox made 0rwkws difference on my car. air hammer made 5rwkws difference.

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Hi i put a K & N drop in replacement filter in and there was noticeable difference not sure about KW's but it seems a lot more responsive and quicker.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
what do you guys recommend?

airhammer cone intake with plastic pipe
airhammer-"equivalent" cone intake with steel (aluminium) pipe
or growler replacement box with cone filter? it apparently gives you up to 12rwkw according to their stats...and costs couple hundred more...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
what do you guys recommend?

airhammer cone intake with plastic pipe
airhammer-"equivalent" cone intake with steel (aluminium) pipe
or growler replacement box with cone filter? it apparently gives you up to 12rwkw according to their stats...and costs couple hundred more...

There's another one that monaro327 now has in his car, ask him about that.

However it would definetly be the airhammer from those three. Just need to be careful in wet weather you don't go through too many puddles!

Out of plastic and aluminum, they both have their benefits, aluminum heats up and cools down faster, but plastic won't get as hot (heatsoak), I would go plastic as I regret the aluminum cheap chinese crap I bought.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Just installed my airhammer kit now and found the pod was hard to fit in place. It was really tight and had to push the wheel arch a bit. Any one else have this problem?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Just installed my airhammer kit now and found the pod was hard to fit in place. It was really tight and had to push the wheel arch a bit. Any one else have this problem?

yeh I did, I just pushed down on the wheel arch, its flexible!

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Ok good. So wasn't just me.

It seems a little more responsive. Not to much but didn't expect all that much from what I've read and sounds a little better but not all that noticable.