Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AJ's 202 VH

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Redcliffe, Western Australia / Wiluna, North Weste
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
Hi guys, i bought this VH about 3 months ago, it had no rego and didn't run, 202, 3spd traumatic, and aircon, needed new carpet new seats needed EVERY ENGINE BAY WIRE REPLACED (many headaches) new headlining, new dash,

basically it was really screwed,

bought it as a way to get home (stuck up north at the moment) plus it was free (if i helped out the local mechanic for a bit and did all the work on it myself)

so far i have replaced said broken parts, i am waiting on the alarm new drivers seatbelt, rear shocks, coil leads points condenser dizzy cap and plugs,

apart from replacing and wiring things, i picked up clear front indicators, did a vk tailight and mirror conversion, put in a vc stage 2 dash, wired up a new aerial (will get oem one in perth) wired up a spotlight, added 2 clarion 2 ways (untill i reach perth for new ones) 2 pioneer 6x9"s and an amp wiring kit (while the carpet was out) i put sl/e arm rests and those shiny window winders and door handle surrounds, also added in central locking and got new door locks and ignition barrel,

car has a performance intake and a 350 holley carb, extractors, all the pollution stuff removed except for the pcv system and charcol canister, will get some light porting done in perth and am removing the rear muffler and adding a dump style tip,

future mods include actually having an amp for the wiring kit upgrading the front coaxials with splits and adding tweaters and crossover boxes to the rear putting in a new headunit (shitty tape deck atm) respray it, take the engine out and paint it, bonnet bulge, front and rear skirts, new grille, and all that, maybe a cam?

neways hope you enjoy the pics or whatever will keep you updated with stuff as i go :) looking to have it running an registered in the next 2 weeks so i can go home for christmas

===============================================
this is how i got her (cept for the tailights i did that)

th_IMG00046.jpg
th_IMG00045.jpg
th_IMG00048.jpg

putting holley on

IMG00203.jpg

IMG00201.jpg

IMG00197.jpg

IMG00206.jpg

IMG00211.jpg

any other pics, oil cooler, old 15's and new headlights/indicators, new 16's

IMG00047.jpg

IMG00049.jpg

IMG00195.jpg

18743_100582729974057_6112195_n.jpg

i will get some pics of how the interior is getting along during the week

Last edited:

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
Model: VH Holden Commodore SL Executive

Year: 1982

Engine: 3.3 HEC Bluemotor L6 Carburetor fed RWD

Exhaust: Stock exhaust cept for extractors deleted rear muffler (straight through pipe now) and deleted EGR

Suspension: Replacement monroe shuretrak or something

Wheels: 16" 5spoke PCV mags, with holden centrecaps

Modifications:

-Engine/bay
CAIN Performance intake manifold, 350 Holley Carby, Extractors, Light from an SL\e, extra horn, oil cooler (ATF)

-Interior
Red LED lighting, put in velour seats, black with chrome handles for doors windows, and handle bezels, red bullet lock pins, light brown doorskins, extra switches, velour trimmed parcel shelf, Stage 2 Dash

-Exterior
Chrome exhaust tip, VK taillights, Clear indicators on the front, removed bages, new rubbers on doors 16" mags

Stereo Audio / Visual: Pioneer 6x9"s in the rear, Clarion 2 ways in the doors, some unknown 3 way in the middle of the dash, amp wiring kit, shitty tape deck

Estimated Power: a humble amount

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
Got 3 new tires today and put 2 on the 16's looking for a 16" stock rim for a spare i'm sure there's one around the workshop somewhere, also got the washer bottle and put all that together one of my jet's is blocked though will sort that out later, gonna take the radiator out and pressure spray with fuel and that all the mud out so she doesn't overheat on the way to perth, also got my brake pads, things are moving along, still waiting on more bits but everyday looks closer to finished, yay i get to go home for chrissy :p

VS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VS V6 UTE
what a old beast !!

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
haha, yeah true,

things didn't go exactly to plan so the car is still up north whilst i'm in perth, looking to get up there soon to grab it as my daily astra went bung, so need another car whilst the vl is still off the road

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
Verrrry long time between posts, i scrapped the astra, camry, and the maxima, sold the vl, i'm left with the vh and i bought a sierra, last time i saw the vh i got her started and took her for a spin in the dirt, was very satisfying took almost a year to get it to that point, it's been almost a year since then too, but i'm going back up to see her as soon as my course finishes and i save up for fuel for the trip, hoping to finish it up and register it and bring her home as a cruiser so i can put the 4by aside for the weekends,

apart from study and wheeling, the vh is all i think about these days and i can't wait to see it again and take it for another drive

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
Right, so earlier this year i realized my ring gear and starter were busted, so i pulled out the gearbox and ran a kit through it seals etc cleaned it up and found out it's a VK auto box, while it was all out waiting for parts i also put new uni's in the driveshaft and new shoes in the drums,

once it was all back together the rear main was leaking but we finally got the car running, we decided that the timing gears were missing a few teeth or something so the engine got ripped out with a forklift,

i decided i was gonna re do everything, so i ordered all the bits and pulled the engine apart, turns out the cam had spun the bearing at the front broke the thrust plate bashed into the timing cover and the bits that came off got chewed up in the timing gears, it also turned out that the engine had been rebuilt once, with alloy gears, aftermarket cam, oversized bearings, starfire rods and 60thou oversized pistons, wicked!! so i ordered all replacement bits to suit and a new cam to my liking and a new water pump, the old one was cactus, then have since threw the lot in an acid bath kinda thing the boss made up and look to be putting it all back together either this week or next depending on the arrival of the rest of the parts,

i also found in a wreck out bush a complete cruise control set and new rear seat and complete engine bay loom for a VH (unlike the one i got for a VC earlier) since have wired it all in and everything works properly, found the vc donor car had a temp sensor in the radiator, never seen that before, oh and scored a decent aircon compressor and brackets

a new headlining had been put in too and a new stereo is coming together aswel so all looking good for the old girl should be making a nuisance of her self on the roads soon hahaha,

also a nissan micra ran a light and totalled my sierra, and the apollo's head went so i got no cars at the moment until the commo is fixed so looking forward to the 1200k cruise back home ;)

i'm uploading new pics at the moment and may be able to update this post soon i get limited internet acces at the moment as i have lost my modem gotta borrow the workshop computer for this which doesn't happen often