Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aj's calais

A

ajs_gr8_v8

Name: adrian
Model: 1990 vn calais series 2
Colour: white over silver
Bodykit: tinted windows, lowered and standard body kit
Engine: 5 litre v8 with cold air intake
Power: 210kw
Exhaust: 2 1/2 inch soon to be 3 inch
Gearbox: auto
Suspension: superlow king sprongs
Wheels/Tyres: VY SS mags
Interior: all leather interior
Stereo: kenwood system

future modifications- i plan to do a hell of alot to the motor, i am soon to be installing a 3 inch exhaust aswell as a 71ml yellaterra throttle body. then once i can afford the money and get off my p's i am planning to put pacemaker extractors on it, stage to cam kit a hsv enhanced manifold and injectors, then i am undecided whether i want to supercharge it or throw on a twin turbo on it and stroke it out to 355

what i am going to do for a body kit will soon to be vn group a kit minus spoiler,bonnet scoop and grille with a vz monaro bonnet scoop.

interior- all the leather seats are going to be ripped out and replaced due to ware and tare so im going to put vs hsv leather seats in it and i already hav blue neons in the front under the dash board and plan to put a couple in the back.

sound system- i dont hav much of a system atm i just hav the head unit, a set of 6 inch splits for the front and 6 by 9's in the back, im going to put anouther set of 6 inch speakers in the parcel shelf aswell as just a sub in the boot!

my calais is atm 210kw and goes from 0-100 in 6.8 seconds, hits between 200-220 in 3rd gear havent been any further due to running out of road, it goes exceptionally hard considering it has done around about 325 000km. i cant show u any photos as yet because all my photos are too big so i will take some asap and post them up on here.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Sounds awesome, would love to see some pictures!

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
sounds good mate. definately get some pics up soon.

A

ajs_gr8_v8

1991_Vn2nV said:
What other mods have been done to hit 210kw?

Look forward to seein some pics man, also where bouts in aus are you from?
the 5 litre calais are standard at 168kw all i hav done to hit 210 kw is the 2 1/2 inch exhaust which brings it up an extra 15kw, an ss air inductions cold air intake with 2 inlets which takes that up an extra 16kw, and i hav a bmc air filter which also gains 10 kw so i havent really done that much to boost it!

A

ajs_gr8_v8

ajs_gr8_v8 said:
the 5 litre calais are standard at 168kw all i hav done to hit 210 kw is the 2 1/2 inch exhaust which brings it up an extra 15kw, an ss air inductions cold air intake with 2 inlets which takes that up an extra 16kw, and i hav a bmc air filter which also gains 10 kw so i havent really done that much to boost it!

oh and im about an hour out of melbourne! where abouts are u from?

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
sounds nice, we need some pics to look at tho :D

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
Looks good

ur car looks good mate :thumbsup: and u got it for a good price when u got it, heres sum pics of adrians car :w00t:

Attachments

• calaisprogress001.jpg
    calaisprogress001.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 177
  • calaisprogress0002.JPG
    calaisprogress0002.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 178
  • calaisprogress003.jpg
    calaisprogress003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 169
  • calaisprogress0004.JPG
    calaisprogress0004.JPG