Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ajustable Suspension

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
HAS A BLACK VZ SV6 NOW !!!
Hey There,:D

I was wondering if anyone has any ajustable suspension kits on there VY as of yet.

As i was thinking about doing it to my VY commodore when i buy the new car.

Thanks
Insane_Metal_Man_666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hey there Metal Man,

I am going to get some pricing on lowering my VY Wagon around 25mm allround.
I was thinking of standard shocks and springs on the front and adjustables on the back for towing and EXTRA heavy loads so I will throw up the prices I get quoted this week if your intrested.

Windsurfing

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
I was thinking of standard shocks and springs on the front and adjustables on the back for towing and EXTRA heavy loads so I will throw up the prices I get quoted this week if your intrested.

Windsurfing

It's all those boards and sails you must lug around waying the wagon down :yeah:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hey there Metal Man, I was quoted $215.00 for rear poly air bags in my springs, but am not going to do it as the HD rear King Springs I have gone for I hope will do the job buit if not I can fit bags later.

OZ, tell me about it, it's the salt water that comes with the gear that weights it down and we all know what salt water dose to cars.
I used to have a Toyota as a company car years ago and I could hear this sloshing noise in the boot so I looked in there and the WHOLE spare tyre well was full of salt water, glad it wasn't my car.....
But no gear goes in the wagon. I have a huge $1500 Thule roof box that is fully sealed when locked and to take it off I park next to the house where I have built a pully system to lift the box off, move the wagon and lower the box to the ground ready for the hose.
And if I have to much gear for a days sailing I will throw it in the trailer so it keeps all the salt away from the wagon, got to look after her as she's my baby.

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Additional Stuff

Hey There,

Thanks for that additional infomation, I will surely take that onboard if i am going to get ajustables or not.

Thanks The Windsurfing VY Wagon :thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The h/d springs will give you a harsher ride when empty. I would go the polyairs as they still give you the comfortable ride and then you can pump them up when you load it.

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey There,

Yeah Coool sounds like the way to go on that one i would reckon.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Well I always have a bit of weight in my boot anyway but you need to remember that the poly bags ware out,

I was told two to three years with regular use. If theres any truth behind that I'm not to sure.

windsurfing.....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Everything wears out though doesn't it. After 2-3 years the springs would have lost their tension too and maybe not have as much capacity. Personal choice though.