Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Alan Mance Over Fill Oil

Tiny_Rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
I suspect I was fed some BS by the garage I have used a couple of times. I booked my ute in for a timing cover seal replacement and brake flush. The bloke didn't charge me anything but reckoned he flushed the brakes, even though a few months later the brake fluid was filthy when the other garage flushed them while replacing the pads.
Just to touch on this, I asked Alan Mance to flush and bleed my clutch fluid as the clutch felt a little knotchy and didn’t always disengage 100% (don’t worry, with regular driving this issue has been resolving it self, bear in mind the car barely got driven for 2 years before I bought it.)

anywho, it is very clear they just sucked some fluid out and topped it up as a quick few pumps very quickly turned the fluid back to its darker colour…

anyways, I never want to think about them again, as soon as I get my hands on some ramp extensions or a quick jack of I ever get a job… I’ll be doing most of the work on the car myself

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm of the belief that you should be able to trust those working on your car, but there are so many dodgy brothers out there it's not funny, and I don't get how they get away with it.

Tiny_Rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
I'm of the belief that you should be able to trust those working on your car, but there are so many dodgy brothers out there it's not funny, and I don't get how they get away with it.
They get away with it most of the time because the average person who isn’t versed in cars believes them and thinks their car is buggered…

it’s literally them taking advantage and it’s pretty gross in my opinion… just the world we are sadly

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
What can we decipher from all of this?

Avoid Alan Mance....

They might have a reasonable eBay store, but that's it...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have been using their eBay store like it’s personal lubricant in a prno. However, it’s the Village Motors Holden stubbie cubby that gets to be worn around the lemon squashes. Allan Mance Holden have never sent me a stubby cubby or a sticker.

Tiny_Rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Hey... its me again! So I sliced my thumb apart, 9 stitches and out of action in terms of driving my car for a few weeks.

Now the present, thumb still buggered but I was able to drive, went up the road to fill air in my tyres and went straight home. Pull up in the drive way, hand brake up and contact dealer pops up with a cross and temp gauge goes to cold, thermo fans kick in then the gauge goes back to normal and thermos turn off.

weird, I drive into the garage, turn the car off and on again. Same thing happens only now there is an engine light staying on... wish me luck guys I am about defeated at the moment...

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Dishonest workshops are the worst. When I lived in Newcastle used to take my car to an apparently reputable mechanic. One time I had my VXII Berlina in for a full service, plugs and all. When I got the car back, the invoice back one of the items was a 'B Service Tune'. I asked the mechanic (owner) what it was and he said they adjusted the timing on the car. When I told him the car is fuel injected and timings is controlled by the computer he went all quiet. A few years later after I moved to Canberra, my new mechanic who I trust completely did a full service on the car. When I picked it up he said the plugs were the original and had never been replaced!

Good luck with your car Tiny_Rick.

Tiny_Rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Dishonest workshops are the worst. When I lived in Newcastle used to take my car to an apparently reputable mechanic. One time I had my VXII Berlina in for a full service, plugs and all. When I got the car back, the invoice back one of the items was a 'B Service Tune'. I asked the mechanic (owner) what it was and he said they adjusted the timing on the car. When I told him the car is fuel injected and timings is controlled by the computer he went all quiet. A few years later after I moved to Canberra, my new mechanic who I trust completely did a full service on the car. When I picked it up he said the plugs were the original and had never been replaced!

Good luck with your car Tiny_Rick.
extremely scary the world we love in sometimes... I would just about die if a reputable mechanic told me something like that hahaha

Tiny_Rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Alright I feel really bad for continuing to post on this thread so I will wrap it up and try to sort it out on me own, no offence to you guys it is me own guilt haha.

Anywho, the error codes are P0118 and P0125 (I borrowed a friends OBD Scan Tool). If anyone does have a direction to point me in let me know as it is greatly appreciated, I wanted to add that the car is not over heating, it sits around the 90-100c mark.

have a great day you bunch of legends <3