Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alarm beep please help

rdrh23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp commodore
Hi i bought a 1993 vp and even though the imobiliser key in switched off in the lock in the passenger front door sill it just keeps beeping all the time. i unplugged the imobiliser, that stops the beeping but also stops the car too. can anyone please help me to find where the beep is coming from, under the glovebox somewhere and is there a wire i can cut just to turn the beep off. it is driving me crazy.

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
have you tried disconnecting the battery to car for 30 mins .....your alarm system may have stored error code so try the disconnect battery for 30 mins ..

then see if it goes away ... if not then it might be battery attached to circuit board of alarm system...

does your alarm go off for no reason ? go over all door,bonnet,boot switches ..now and again i go over all switches and spray a little wd40 and press then in as spraying to stop water getting to them and stop them sticking.My alram used to go off for no reason when it rained so spraying wd40 on them stopped the problem.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
if its the stock one the beeper is in the immobilizer from memory so no way around it have you

tried turning the key lockoff back on and using the fob to disengage it then lock it again ?

DMG_90_No.18

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV-VN-DMG 90 No.18 of 50
I had a faulty bonnet sensor for the alarm and it did the same thing. With most sensors you can get away with lopping a little bit of wire from terminal to terminal, in the connection to the sensor. It completes the circuit.