Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Alarm system, going cheap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
wanna sell it danny ? :)

Nah mate saving it for my VK wagz. Check out ebay for cheap Mongoose alarms. I rekon I paid about 180-200 bux for mine on there brand new, which was the top of the line model (could still get 1 or 2 more optional sensors on top of that tho). I've bought 3 Mongoose alarms now and have used 2 (3rd one is the one for my wagz) in a few cars....only problem I had with one was when putting it in my L300 van I got the ignition wires mixed up, but fixed that prob and it was all good.

The only reason I sold the alarm above to dijm8 was coz it doesn't have black wiring so it doesn't meet Australian standards. It sounds like a good alarm for the price, but I looked around and found that a seller on ebay had Mongoose alarms starting at like 90 bux for the bottom of the line one which had black wiring which is wat I was after....but ended up forking out a few extra dollars for the top model. The other 2 I bought and installed were about $120 each.

At the end of the day tho, if someone wants to steal ya car they're gonna if they know wat they're doing. Alarms really only stop ametuers. After fitting a few ya get to know ur way around them. With the older Commies (VB-VK) all u need to start them is a long bit of wire (can't really say how long and where to put it tho for obvious reasons, but if ya know how they work it's not hard at all to work out) and access to the engine bay, then break the ignition lock and ur away.

But yeah the alarm for sale in this thread isn't to bad for the price and will keep most kids and druggo's from stealing ur car.:thumbsup:

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
thanks danny i wud of probs used it myself but ended up getting a $1200 viper system which shud keep the pro stealers in the car longer tryin to figure it out haha..by that time the remote wud of paged me and have time to get the baseball bat out :)

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
check out dealsdirect.com.au bought one for $130 pages me when someone is breaking in to it temperature inside car , voltage of car battery, shocksensor and the list goes on check it out also i can get them fitted cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.