Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alarming problem!!!

daleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
Hey there,
I am new to this forum and have a question about my vy i have just bought. When i bought it from the dealer i drove to the nearest maccas and parked it. When i locked the doors with one button press the alarm armed with 4 quick blasts from the horn and the door handles became active. All the same that night about 3 times. The next morning i unlocked the car and drove to work and tried the same thing but no blasts from horn. Now i have to arm the alarm with two button presses and immobilise the engine. Only when i open the door does the alarm go off. Have i changed to a different mode of alarm or do i have a faulty door actuator (read it in a forum). Do the vy's have different modes of alarm. Can i turn off the arming blasts of the horn?
Any help would be appreciated.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
In the VY's you have to hit the up or down arrow when prompted by your dash cluster [right after it performs the vehicle tests].

You have 2 options relating to the alarm:
Lights only, or lights and horn for activating and de-activing
as well as a two stage unlock (first unlock will do drivers door, then do again and it does whole car)

As to the modes, besides that that's all you can change. I'd be putting my money on a door switch not being grounded properly, or it being faulty. Especially with the sudden beeps.

I'm guessing your car in the menu would tell you it's lights only with the alarm indication. In which case the 4 blasts were just telling you something was left open.