Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alcantara on the Seats.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well our WN Caprice V has Alcantare strips on the seats and I dont like them because it hard to clean them as I tried to use the Car Care Products stuff to clean them and it makes just about no difference whatsoever to clean that white strip. Does anyone have any tircks up their sleves.
Have a look at the two pictures

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I bought some Bowdens Own stuff, but not tried cleaning my black alcantara, but white seems a PITA.
Maybe get a retrim?

Or mini cabber style?

il_570xN.1527122844_sjxz.jpg

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Just wipe it back and forth with warm soapy water on a CHUX. No expensive, hyped up cleaners needed.
Unfortunately anything white, silver or grey will always show dirt readily, including seats finished in grey Alcantara. Fitted seat covers are another answer, but you'll need to ensure they do not impede side airbags in the seats (if fitted).

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just wipe it back and forth with warm soapy water on a CHUX. No expensive, hyped up cleaners needed.
Unfortunately anything white, silver or grey will always show dirt readily, including seats finished in grey Alcantara. Fitted seat covers are another answer, but you'll need to ensure they do not impede side airbags in the seats (if fitted).
You cant buy seat covers a WN Caprice V because of the TV's out the back of them, No worries about the Air Bags because few sold with Air Bag usage but not for the tv on the back of the seats. Put it this way I have searched and found none so far.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I might have to some testing for this

No testing needed. I do that with my Alcantara seats when I smudged the sauce from a BigMac onto my seat. No problem with a bit of a rub-a-dub-dub.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I bought some Bowdens Own stuff, but not tried cleaning my black alcantara, but white seems a PITA.
Maybe get a retrim?

Or mini cabber style?

il_570xN.1527122844_sjxz.jpg
Hey I'm a gippo but not into rosary beads on the front Seat LOL,LOL. Most VF or WN have the Striped dark alcantara strips but only a few of them have WHITE and if not look after they become ugly.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
No testing needed. I do that with my Alcantara seats when I smudged the sauce from a BigMac onto my seat. No problem with a bit of a rub-a-dub-dub.
Interesting. Do you have a white strip in the middle

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting. Do you have a white strip in the middle

No. Faux-titantium strip (grey). And it is not Alcantara (vinyl?). The rest of my seat (all of them) is good ol' grey Alcantara. I use liquid soap from Woolworths, CHUX and warm water. Let it dry naturally (doors open). The funeral director who drove us to the chapel for my sister's service in a black Caprice with cream/white Alcantara dashboard (with a natty silver analogue clock in the centre) talked about cleaning the dash in that car -- "just soapy water". That Caprice had more than 500,000km (!) on it at the time (18th January 2018).