Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alcantara on the Seats.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
it's three piece when you look from underneath.

View attachment 213891
To change the 2 seats, top and botton ++++ the Trim people to change them would have cost me over $3000.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
OK, get it now. So they have cheaped out by using smaller pieces of leather with a join, rather than a stripe piece over the top.
Nah, it's carefull "engineered" so when the stiches pop, you'll need new genuine covers at, what was it, $900 a pop (discounted) :p

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
OK, get it now. So they have cheaped out by using smaller pieces of leather with a join, rather than a stripe piece over the top.

i think you'll find that the design they have gone with would be more durable than just a strip stuck onto a regular seat.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Photos before and after on the Front Passengers side base seat.

BEFORE

BEFORE. (Base seat again but looking straight on) You can see the dirt and discoloring.

After. looking at a angle (forgot to do straight on shot) Its a lot cleaner. You can see on the photo a little discolouring on the hinge area but Its not noticeable by eye but slighly show by the camera.

AFTER (The back of the front Passengers seat.)

Total Front Passengers seat

Now I need to do the drivers side front, rear, door trims Start button area + the right air con bit

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I modded the above because I had it arse about. I blame the Stroke

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes started to do the Drive side so I got the Driver side rear seat DONE but run out of Dr Beasleys Microsuede Cleanser for the front and Car Care Products have run out and have to wait for month or more to get it and you cant buy it locally by any other store that has it in stock as far as I know because it looks like CCP is the only way to get it.

keithyboymagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I tried this morning using Dr Beasley's in a different way on the Front Passengers side seat strip the One that I took two photos off and will let you know how it goes and will put photos up on monday showing the original photo and the latest to see what is best to clean this ridiculous white Alcantara strip.
By the way I looked at Cars sales.com for VF Calais and found PLENTY of Calais with white strips and I found some Shockers yes white strips that have become black with stains and dirt.
I tried this morning using Dr Beasley's in a different way on the Front Passengers side seat strip the One that I took two photos off and will let you know how it goes and will put photos up on monday showing the original photo and the latest to see what is best to clean this ridiculous white Alcantara strip.
By the way I looked at Cars sales.com for VF Calais and found PLENTY of Calais with white strips and I found some Shockers yes white strips that have become black with stains and dirt.
Try Sard Wonder Spray gently rub into the white strip & let soak in for a few minutes. Then rub it with Meguiars cleaning wipes & finally clean off with damp microfibre cloth. Drivers side on my VF Calais V was a mess but now looks 90% perfect.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha, that statement is a bit of an oxymoron and messes with my OCD :p
90% Is not good enough for me. I'm happy with my white Alcantara Strips on the WN Caprice as I say they are 98% clean. The Trick I used was I used CCP Alcantara cleaner and let it dry 100% and the next day or more let it full dry then I used it again so I used it 3 times and each time I used it It got cleaner