Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alcopops Tax back on the agenda

Unconnected

Reaction score
Members Ride
Impreza/Redline VF soon
alco tax has nothing to do with binge drinking or under age drinking its to do with $$$$$

Most kids drink beer and girls drink wine.

what your really saying is, your mates drink beer and the girls you know drink wine.

most of the girls i know drink either bottles of vodka or RTD's, and most of the guys i know drink beers or RTDs like woodys and etc.

i would say the majority of teens drink RTD's

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't drink alcopops and couldn't give a stuff what the taxation level on it is. Tax that crap higher and reduce taxes on more essential items.....Oh, hang on, we're talking about Rudd's mob......oh, well, it was worth a dream. Nothing is untaxable with this crowd.

Thank the Lord that Rudd doesn't have any time for the NSW Labor Government. If he got into cahoots with them, they could really give his some doozy tax inspirations, like the seller and purchaser tax on real estate that did so much for NSW.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I don't drink alcopops and couldn't give a stuff what the taxation level on it is. Tax that crap higher and reduce taxes on more essential items.....Oh, hang on, we're talking about Rudd's mob......oh, well, it was worth a dream. Nothing is untaxable with this crowd.

Thank the Lord that Rudd doesn't have any time for the NSW Labor Government. If he got into cahoots with them, they could really give his some doozy tax inspirations, like the seller and purchaser tax on real estate that did so much for NSW.

Hey is it true northern Sydney pay a congestion tax or a higher toll to come into the city?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
if kids wanna get drunk theyre gunna do it either way i know i did when i was underage, as reaper said people will turn to drugs slab of premix $80-$90 a few grams or a couple of pills not even half that, so i can see it goin that way even people its not aimed at i think that if the laws currently in place were enforced better kids would be gettin as much booze, thats just my 2 cents

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Hey is it true northern Sydney pay a congestion tax or a higher toll to come into the city?

Yep.. they've put time-based tolling onto the harbour bridge/tunnel, so if you travel into the city during peak hours you pay $4 rather than $3.

The bridge is only used by people travelling in from the north, so effectively it is a tax on the north.

Shits me off because I travel over the bridge, but don't go through or into the CBD, yet I'm paying for the privilege. Still, the traffic is much better :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Well the Government doesn't like to call it that, but it's true that since earlier this year, travelling over the Harbour Bridge during peak hour costs $4 each way, versus $3 at other times of the day.

Can't think of any other name for it than Congestion Tax, personally.

Edit: Dammit, Danja beat me to it. And he's right about it being an unfair tax, too, because only northern suburbs residents pay it. To make things worse, for some years now, the government actually reimburses residents who live in the western suburbs for the cost of travelling on the western freeway. Guess which part of the city is the Labor heartland and which part is blue ribbon Liberal.

This government couldn 't lie straight in bed. Bastards.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Well the Government doesn't like to call it that, but it's true that since earlier this year, travelling over the Harbour Bridge during peak hour costs $4 each way, versus $3 at other times of the day.

Can't think of any other name for it than Congestion Tax, personally.

Edit: Dammit, Danja beat me to it. And he's right about it being an unfair tax, too, because only northern suburbs residents pay it. To make things worse, for some years now, the government actually reimburses residents who live in the western suburbs for the cost of travelling on the western freeway. Guess which part of the city is the Labor heartland and which part is blue ribbon Liberal.

This government couldn 't lie straight in bed. Bastards.

I don't call it a congestion tax, because it does nothing to relieve congestion in the CBD. People who can afford a parking space in the middle of the city are unlikely to be concerned about a couple of extra bucks a week in tolls anyway...

The whole M4/M5 cash back is a scam too, where's my M2 and Lane Cove tunnel cash back huh?

If I take the fast route via all the tolls, it costs me about $11 to go into work, and $7 going home.