Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ALDL diagnostics - is OTC 4000 Enhanced scan tool compatible?

lordmuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 WM Caprice 3.6L V6 SIDI
A question for the diagnostic experts amongst us...

Hey I am trying to get ALDL data from a VN and a VS Commodore. I am using the OTC 4000 Enhanced scan tool.

Is this scan tool compatible with the ALDL data stream of the commodores? I have heard it is. Which software module should be used (would the pathfinder 96 or pathfinder 99 be suitable)?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i think you need pathfinder93 or lower and aldl connection cable do you have them.myself ide make a normal DIY aldl cable cost of parts about $5 software is free.must be a good scanner you have $4000 worth

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
does anyone know what data cable to use for a VR V8? i dont know the difference between OBD OBD2 etc

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
what you want stocky just an aldl interface for the lappy.just build a 2trans aldl cable cheap and easy work all good too.

lordmuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 WM Caprice 3.6L V6 SIDI
i think you need pathfinder93 or lower and aldl connection cable do you have them.myself ide make a normal DIY aldl cable cost of parts about $5 software is free.must be a good scanner you have $4000 worth

I have the ALDL cables for the scanner (both the 6 pin squareish one for the VN and also the OBD2 16-pin for the VS). I've ordered the pathfinder 99 and pathfinder 93 software, so i'll see how I go.