Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ALDL scan tool

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can get one cheaper through ebay and i can order a ignition switch at the same time and get 10% off both.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
All are not created equal the pcmhacking.net one is by far the best followed by envious customs .for vr vs it' not much of an issue but if you want to use them on later models like vx vy or do stuff with envious customs software then avoid eBay they can be real slow cables and not work well if at all on the later models.plus if you buy pcmhacking gear you get full support via the seller and the forum if you have any issues with your eBay cable youre pretty much on your own troubleshooting issues

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
All are not created equal the pcmhacking.net one is by far the best followed by envious customs .for vr vs it' not much of an issue but if you want to use them on later models like vx vy or do stuff with envious customs software then avoid eBay they can be real slow cables and not work well if at all on the later models.plus if you buy pcmhacking gear you get full support via the seller and the forum if you have any issues with your eBay cable youre pretty much on your own troubleshooting issues

I am going to get the Envious Custom one off eBay. Unfortunately Jason has none in stock so I can't actually buy one off him at all. I was hoping to get one this eve and pop a ignition switch on it to take advantage of the eBay voucher. But unless his order arrived today and he lists the scan tool this eve I will miss out this round. PCM Hacking one was a lot more expensive than EC one and things are a bit tight. I need a lot of things to fix the ute so need to save where I can. Already spent too much on the old ute and it needs at least another $1000 so it is finally reliable and I've already spent that on top of the $2400 I paid for the old s-box.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It sux my OBD2 scan tool doesn't work on the ute. I tried a few months back and then was told different software in Holden's. My old scan too was brill on the Jeep, it named the faults and not just the codes. Hoping the EC one will do similar as this stupid error code 38 I'm getting is a PITA because it must not be 38 but the CEL flash sequence say it is......

Eddiebird

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Commodore Berlina vy 3.8
I'm bit confused. I have an obd2 scan tool..sure it's doesn't work on my 03 Commodore vy 3.8l. Do I need to buy only a ALDL cable and fit to existing scan tool or do I need to buy whole New scan tool with ALDL cable? Thanks for the help guys.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm bit confused. I have an obd2 scan tool..sure it's doesn't work on my 03 Commodore vy 3.8l. Do I need to buy only a ALDL cable and fit to existing scan tool or do I need to buy whole New scan tool with ALDL cable? Thanks for the help guys.

Nope you need an ALDL cable from Envyous Customs and his AED program for a laptop.