Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alex's vy sss ute

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Listen Alex, there is no SSS Commodore. The only car to carry SSS badging is the Nissan Pulsar. As for the brand new one at the dealership, it's a VZ SS-Z. SS-Z. It's a model with thrown in features to clear out the series 1 VZ SS's because the series 2 is going to have the L76 Gen IV engine and they want people to buy the LS1s. Highly doubtful they would need to clear out a VY SS with an LS1, since they finished production of them in August 2004 and the LS1 was still allowed to be put into new vehicles in Australia. Besides that they VYs came in the following models:

Ute
Storm Ute (Limited Edition)
Ute S
Ute SS
Panelvan (HBD Ute Canopy)

So it's probably likely your car started with an S badge and someone attatched an SS badge next to it. If you want proof your car's a factory S then post up your cars build plate info and we can tell you via the codes what it was from the factory.

Also I believe it's possible the dealer did this, but then again why would they not know it's just an S?

edit: added an SS-Z badge photo. Is this the one that was on the car? Z and S are quite different letters.

Last edited:

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
alex88 said:
if you believe anything of what you just said frogi, you know nothing . one i've seen a few vr sedans with sss stickers and theres also a new vz sss ute demo at holden right now for sale. and the ss badges are not joined, go find a vy ss and have a look closely and you'll see.

Soundz to me as if you DO think that the SSS is a real model! :rofl:

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Juzza - It's an Executive, Alex said as much back on page 1. I'm not sure why this 'SSS' thing is still coming up but yes there never was a SSS model made by Holden. Also back on page 1, Alex mentioned that for some reason the Dealership did this mock up and called it a SSS.

Alex - Thank you for the price there Alex, from that it's definately a plain Executive, with a little dress. You said it was from Tony Ireland (Townsville) yes? What colour was the one still in the shop? My brother is currently over at Tony's right now picking up his ClubSport, so will get him to take a look around.

Even without Alex saying that the Dealership made the car up, if you look at the picture of the tailgate with the S's you can see that they don't sit perfectly straight.

Personally though Alex I would drop the second S, it is just a 6 after all. Owning a car is like being part of a club, some people own SS's and like the fact that they drive a V8, the SS badging helps seperate the owners from the other models of the same car.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Don't be so hard on alex88. I have seen dealer specials in which they have added their own bling and sold them as unique models. In some cases, you could get a good deal (Body kit, alloys, tinting, badging, mats etc) for a small increase in price.

I would not be surprised if this was the case with the "SSS". In saying this, I would personally remove all the badging and keep people guessing... :)

A

alex88

camvyss it's a silver ute,it was there when i got mine about a month could still be there. and yeah it's just a exec ute, not even s pac, it doesnt have abs leather steering wheel or gear stick , no motorised anteneer. my mums lumina got the added body gear when she got her's and i'm pretty sure thats how mine came aswell

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Cheers Alex having my brother swing past on Monday. He's fairly interested in finding out why they feel the need to dress up a car as a non existant model to sell it under false representation. Will post information as I receive it.

A

alex88

i hope its still there, otherwise they're be more people that think i'm making everything up.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz cv8z monaro fusion 6spdm
alex88 said:
ohh and it's not the last owners fualt, holden put sss badges on it, on my rego papers it's got it as a sss for model.

first you say that holden produced this ute a an sss (never produced)

then you claim that you never said that holden produced this ute as an sss (which i just proved that you in fact did say that holden made it that way)
and that tony ireland holden done it this way

i don't car who done what but both are you are morons. alex make up your mind, do you think that holden put the three s's on it or tony ireland holden did it.

tony ireland your a moron too, why try and sell something as something that its not it's an executive ute sell it as an executive ute.

juzza said:
Listen Alex, there is no SSS Commodore. The only car to carry SSS badging is the Nissan Pulsar. As for the brand new one at the dealership, it's a VZ SS-Z. SS-Z. It's a model with thrown in features to clear out the series 1 VZ SS's because the series 2 is going to have the L76 Gen IV engine and they want people to buy the LS1s. Highly doubtful they would need to clear out a VY SS with an LS1, since they finished production of them in August 2004 and the LS1 was still allowed to be put into new vehicles in Australia. Besides that they VYs came in the following models:

Ute
Storm Ute (Limited Edition)
Ute S
Ute SS
Panelvan (HBD Ute Canopy)

So it's probably likely your car started with an S badge and someone attatched an SS badge next to it. If you want proof your car's a factory S then post up your cars build plate info and we can tell you via the codes what it was from the factory.

Also I believe it's possible the dealer did this, but then again why would they not know it's just an S?

edit: added an SS-Z badge photo. Is this the one that was on the car? Z and S are quite different letters.
Attached Thumbnails

thanks to juzza for proving and agreeing that there is an SS-Z

unlike
Nthn_Suss said:
Think its a dodge dealership feeding people bs to try and move more cars. Anyone who knows a Holden will know there is no SSS in any model range, nor is a SSS-Z ute real. It's like the GTR or GTX Commodore, dealerships get an aftermarket kit, some cheap rims and flog it off as a ltd edition.

where did anyone mention an sss-z i know i mentioned an ss-z but you are just causing bs talking about a sss-z when no-body mentioned anything like that before

seya all

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Marks-VY said:
Don't be so hard on alex88. I have seen dealer specials in which they have added their own bling and sold them as unique models. In some cases, you could get a good deal (Body kit, alloys, tinting, badging, mats etc) for a small increase in price.

Yes I agree here, and they flog them off as a unique vehicle, they will do anything to sell their cars. Cut the poor kid a break, whoop-dee-friggin do about what it actually is, it's a dam fine ute for a 17yr old, so everyone else build a bridge get over it! Im so dam tempted to fly all the way up and have a look for myself, anyone else up that way want to go have a look and take pics to confirm?.

And SSZ-57L my post I was directing it at the specific dealer, I should have mention that in my post.