Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alignment, and nolathane, toe/camber kit.

caulfield6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive V6
Hi,

I took my car in today for an alignment and checkup at pedders.
Firstly, im kinda impressed with how they treated me.

I want to know if someone could give me some advice with the numbers.
Front camber is sweet, my front castor is about a degree off (L:R, 8.14':7.05'). As far as ive been able to find out this isnt a problem. In wear or anything?

In the rear, i have a nolathane 46138A, bush and bolt, which i want to install tomorrow/today now.
The numbers i got for my rear alignment were:
camber: -2.02' : -1.53'
toe in: -3.70' : +0.40'

I assume that this is all going to be fixed by installing the kit on the inside mounts and adjusting it accordingly.

I think i got myself confused that only installing on the inside would only get toe, and leave me unable to adjust camber.
Is this true?

TLDR:
- will installing 46138A on the inside mounts only allow rear toe adjust (as opposed to outside mounts for camber)?
- does front castor really matter? Will it wear the tyres?

Any and all responses welcome.

Cheers,

Pat

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The front caster angles are near perfect for our roads, the difference there will stop the car pulling left following the camber of the road.

The rear cambers are not bad, but the toe is bad. Toe is adjustable on the VX2 onwards, which series is yours?

If yours is a series 1 then you will need a 4 point kit, otherwise fit the kits to the rear inner bushes, that will give you camber adjustment in addition the the existing toe adjustment.

caulfield6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive V6
sweet. its series 2, so yay.
The road camber makes that much difference. WOw.

well here goes installing the bushes...

lukey92

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2, vr executive bt1
Sorry about bring up and old post but I haven't found any info on what I'm regarding so here it goes. I have a series 1 vx s PAC and I'm about to lowering on superlows with shortened shocks. I need a 4 point camber kit on the back I know as the series 1. But with superlows all round do ya need a camber kit on the front just want to make sure cause Im also putting genuine be ssv wheel 19 inch on it and don't wanna blow my brand new tyres too fast.