Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All items for a minor service?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
and a looongneck

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’m struggling to find the specs for the sump plug ... that Kelpro brand, which seems to be the only one anyone stocks, appears to have a catalogue that finishes at VY. So even going to a website that has a cross-referenced model list, nothing’s listed for those products beyond about 2012!

I’ve got that awful, awful PDF version of the workshop manual which is impossible to use due to no indexing & being about 27Tb in size. Maybe I can (somehow) find something in there ...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
AcDelco PF84E oil filter or equivalent

*PF48E

But personally, I’d go for a Ryco full synthetic media Z663ST. It’s a much better filter.

Reactions: Al>

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
*PF48E

But personally, I’d go for a Ryco full synthetic media Z663ST. It’s a much better filter.
I notice there’s also a fancier Ryco “O2Rush” air filter ... any idea of if there’s any value in getting that?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
I notice there’s also a fancier Ryco “O2Rush” air filter ... any idea of if there’s any value in getting that?

Only if you’re chasing increased airflow for more neddies. In which case you’re better off going for an OTR anyway.

Personally I’m wary of air filters that flow ‘too’ freely. More air has to equal more dirt particles getting through IMO.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Only if you’re chasing increased airflow for more neddies. In which case you’re better off going for an OTR anyway.

Personally I’m wary of air filters that flow ‘too’ freely. More air has to equal more dirt particles getting through IMO.
All of that matched my gut-feel ... well, except I do believe it’s possible to filter better with the same airflow OR filter the same with better airflow, I’m just really sceptical over whether the Thing I’m buying is actually doing that. :)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
All of that matched my gut-feel ... well, except I do believe it’s possible to filter better with the same airflow OR filter the same with better airflow, I’m just really sceptical over whether the Thing I’m buying is actually doing that. :)

I guess you can always look at the K&N oiled filters. They flow well and catch basically everything, but the cleaning/re-oiling etc and general maintenance is a PITA and outweighs the benefits in my view

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
*PF48E

Apart from the cost there is probably **** all difference if you service car regularly...