Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All opinions appreciated!!

Love 4 cars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr stato
Hey guys, backyardigan here.. I got a cammed 3800 VN manual that I'm gonna break down for my vr 3800 stato, first of all the VN has oversized fuel rails with a v8 fuel pump.. Surely a cam kit wouldn't need that much fuel to run it would it? N if not what do yous think they could have done to need oversized rails n pump? Been told that its stock piston n head.. 2nd of all going from a commodore to statesman which part of the loom will I need to replace and will the VN peddle box bolt straight in? And will the clutch cable be the same as a stato? And will the stato tailshaft fit? 3rd of all is there any other parts I will need since the vr is auto and receiving a VN manualbox and a cam? And lastly would yous even bother with cold air induction or would it be too much for the poor little motor? I can't really check these things myself as the cars are 4 hrs away and time is an issue so a good attack plan would be bloody great haha.. Was gonna chuck in a vt auto box but decided to be difficult, cheers for your thoughts

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Any reason you don't just drop the engine in? Just mean fitting a flex plate. Other bits and pieces could be bolted on after.

Love 4 cars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr stato
The Buick in the vr has less ks and had a good clean up when the put in the reco'd auto box, the VN had a new cam and reco'd box put in and had next to no play time when they blew the radiator, sat for awhile n the roof is caved in now so its a donor car.. The cam shaft should be good but I'm gonna take what I know is good n replace the rest so I don't blow the good motor up