Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec 170 vs Alloytec 190?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Why are your comments always negative, and never help an OP with t&ere question at all? If you have nothing constructive to say don't bother wasting peoples time.

troll would be my guess

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Soop, you own an SS, it gets destroyed by the xr6t, even CSP would agree. bang for the buck ford has it in the bag with the I6 turbo and now the supercharged coyote (miami).
Might as well just sell your POS and buy a fast car eyyy :)

My SV6 is modified. The grin on my face every time I drive it warrants the $$ I've spent. If you don't like it I really couldn't care. A modified NA 6 is abit different to a boring old pushrod V8. Many have been there, done that. Might be fun for you, and if it is. Well good for you. :)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Right, that is such an A-typical riceboy argument.

I said SHORT OF FORCED INDUCTION. My VY SS won't get beaten by a BA XR6t, they're about on par (compare apples with apples remember).

A modified V6 is different, sure. But then so Is a billy cart with a dog strapped to it. What's your point?
Why are push rods boring?
All they do is open the valves, in the same way the valve are opened in your motor.

You still haven't shown me one instance were modifying an NA Alloytec is good value.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
bang for buck, xr6t > SS. You should get a faster car man :D

"Short of FI" uh what? why? The 6 is short of 2 cyclinders so why not :)

Point is, not everyone wants to go down the same tried road as the Holden 8. Especially when they get their asses handed to em :D

Good value? I'd say awesome fuel economy, being happy with my ride and doing something abit different is good value. I don't need to beat a HSV E3 down the quarter mile in an NA V6 to feel any sort of achievment.

As I said before. Feel free to think that way, I'm not stopping you :)

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Why modify a v8? Y not buy a v10? Same thing really