Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec and SIDI Cam Development

MACE

Reaction score

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
Hay all my names James I know this is off topic but u guys seem to be the best people to ask Has anyone herd or know anything about hooker headers areo mufflers and wat do u think they would sound like in a vz sv6 ute with pacemakers, hi flo cats, 2.5 inch catback( duel) no centre mufflers or rears :) sounds nice but can sound tinny also hoping hookers mufflers can take a little bit of the pulsar sound away haha

MACE

Reaction score
Hay all my names James I know this is off topic but u guys seem to be the best people to ask Has anyone herd or know anything about hooker headers areo mufflers and wat do u think they would sound like in a vz sv6 ute with pacemakers, hi flo cats, 2.5 inch catback( duel) no centre mufflers or rears :) sounds nice but can sound tinny also hoping hookers mufflers can take a little bit of the pulsar sound away haha

Hey James,

Wish I could tell you what it would sound like but have no idea :(

Hopefully someone else will be able to drop in with some first hand feedback

Cheers,
Steve

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
That's ok Steve I might just have to bite the bullet and try them out. And as for a cam and tune for my 07 sv6 (alloytec) what would I be looking at price wise? is my car ok to drive with the cam installed but the car not tuned? Is the PCM easy to get to an take out so I can get your tune done? Thanks heaps. Cheers

Corey93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
had the same problem with my vz sv6 previous own had a red back cat back system installed with no rear resonator i installed manga flow hi flow cats and pacemaker extractors has a nice idle but under throttle it sounds like a pulsar with a cannon on it all i did was install a rear resonator and it shut the tiny noise up and now it sounds like its got more or a roar to the note

hope this helps

MACE

Reaction score
That's ok Steve I might just have to bite the bullet and try them out. And as for a cam and tune for my 07 sv6 (alloytec) what would I be looking at price wise? is my car ok to drive with the cam installed but the car not tuned? Is the PCM easy to get to an take out so I can get your tune done? Thanks heaps. Cheers
We don't offer a remote tuning service for the VZ's so we would only be able to supply you the cams. Being a manual you'll be able to drive your car with the larger cams till you get it tuned

had the same problem with my vz sv6 previous own had a red back cat back system installed with no rear resonator i installed manga flow hi flow cats and pacemaker extractors has a nice idle but under throttle it sounds like a pulsar with a cannon on it all i did was install a rear resonator and it shut the tiny noise up and now it sounds like its got more or a roar to the note

hope this helps
Well there you go :)

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual

hope this helps
yeah I've got the rear muffler but not fitted it sounded more like a supra or 350z lol didn't mind it but mines a pex system and the rear muffler says its for a v8 vt-vz etc.. So I think it might restrict the sound a lot more then others not to shore but I was wondering wat these mufflers would sound like coz I have no mufflers at all in atm so thinking I might try these out HOOKER AERO CHAMBER MUFFLER 2.5" CENTER CENTER 21516 | eBay

wildfireSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden MY10 SiDi Sv6 Ute
sidi billet cams installed and running.
updates coming soon!