Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec and SIDI Cam Development

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Hey Darrell,

“Hi steve. i dont have a alloytec car as you know. but i am interested in these cams also.”
I’m sure you’re not the only one :)

“with your plans etc are you expecting minor to wild upgrades in power?”
Got a couple of ideas in mind, nothing finalised yet.

“Also will they all come with lumpy idle, or just the more wild ones”
Given that they’ve got variable valve timing, it’s more governed by the tune itself then the cam

“in all honesty ive got no idea about cams in these things. i thought you couldnt change them”
You can certainly change them :)

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve
Hmmm, i'm getting from you power without idling like it was running a few cylinders short maybe. and the rest tease tease :p lol. This might get me into a VZ i love the sound of sticking a cam in this motor rather than the old ecotec. And tell me if I'm wrong. but should it be easier access changing these cam's ?.

rbk_212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS M6
Hmmm, i'm getting from you power without idling like it was running a few cylinders short maybe. and the rest tease tease :p lol. This might get me into a VZ i love the sound of sticking a cam in this motor rather than the old ecotec. And tell me if I'm wrong. but should it be easier access changing these cam's ?.

easier access yes, but you need to change four cams in two heads rather than just one in the valley.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
easier access yes, but you need to change four cams in two heads rather than just one in the valley.
Would it be a DIY job ?. I just tried to remove my plenum etc to fit a new inlet manifold gasket. failed, so no way I'm ever going to get that deep into the ecotec motor lol.

MACE

Reaction score
This is getting me excited about alloytec motors now:D.

I'd love a VZ Calais V6 with your Cams hopefully pushing 200@thebags:p.

It's for this reason I'm torn between engines to build at the moment LOL

That and the lack of time :(

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
It's for this reason I'm torn between engines to build at the moment LOL

That and the lack of time :(

you know you want to build a cammed & stroked a2a intercooled l67 that runs easy 11s ;)

MACE

Reaction score
you know you want to build a cammed & stroked a2a intercooled l67 that runs easy 11s ;)
Sort of. I was thinking more along the lines of a twin charged L67 running over 60psi, or an NA alloytec/SIDI revving over 10k.

The main problem with the later is finding a cost effective gear box that will enable quick gear changes at that engine RPM though, but I'm sure something will be sorted out :)

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
What sort of price would we be looking at for these cams fitted and tuned in an alloytec