Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Found this great video showing the assembly process of the Alloytec engine.
Might help someone.

This one is twin turbo, but you get the idea.
If only they put a twin turbo 3.6ltr in a Commodore. (Yeah, I know what I'm saying).

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Man I wish there was a way you could buy these as crate engines here in Oz. I'd love an LF3 in the ute.

Hell, I wish there was a way you could buy these as crate engines in general... or at least just the Bell housings for TR6060s to bolt to Alloytecs. These LF3s have Tremecs bolted to them as standard but use a standard Alloytec pattern afaik.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
They're a pretty stout looking motor, especially with 6-bolt mains which I didn't know about. If only they had better PCV and oil gallery design, they would probably be renowned for their durability like the Ecotec was/is.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
They're a pretty stout looking motor, especially with 6-bolt mains which I didn't know about. If only they had better PCV and oil gallery design, they would probably be renowned for their durability like the Ecotec was/is.

I'm working on something for the PCVs. Working oil cooler expansion first, then the PCV issue :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The PCV is sorted. Enlarge the holes in the "valve". There is a how to. Then next step is a catch can system, which is a common addition to many modern engines.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
The PCV is sorted. Enlarge the holes in the "valve". There is a how to. Then next step is a catch can system, which is a common addition to many modern engines.
Vf got bigger holes so could buy new