Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytec exhaust

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Who and Where are HM Headers
How is it going highendrev,HM Headers do the HSV Exhaust sytems for them,and they are in Hallam a suburb over here in Melbourne.
The HM Headers dual 2 1/8” exhaust system i enquired about the price and $900 fitted,comes as stainless steel with stainless steel tips of coarse.
Also Rob is right the S/Steel headers and hi-flo cats from HM Headers available soon.:dance:

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
How is it going highendrev,HM Headers do the HSV Exhaust sytems for them,and they are in Hallam a suburb over here in Melbourne.
The HM Headers dual 2 1/8” exhaust system i enquired about the price and $900 fitted,comes as stainless steel with stainless steel tips of coarse.
Also Rob is right the S/Steel headers and hi-flo cats from HM Headers available soon.:dance:

Hi Brettsv6, thanks for the info mate. What makes these so good? Are there not any headers available other than these for the Alloytek190?> I may have to ship some over....

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Hi Brettsv6, thanks for the info mate. What makes these so good? Are there not any headers available other than these for the Alloytek190?> I may have to ship some over....
Well for starters they are s/steel:thumbsup: .
Some guys have put on there SV6s' dual 2 1/5"and gained a lot of power up top and lost torque down low because of this.Thats all good for the strip but on the street were do you need the power most for everyday driving.
We all know there is only 340nm at 3200rpm,but if you can increase that to 375nm at 3200rpm the same as a stock Super v6,wouldn't it be better.Thats' just my opinion some people prefer the dual 2 1/5".
Me i'm going to get DIFILIPPO PERFORMANCE EXHAUSTS' to make a dual 2.1/4in s/steel and hi-flow cats and Pacemakers' with HPC coated.:D

V

VZSV6

well i have now 149.5rwkw from 131.1rwkw just from exhaust.. i have a 2.5" dual

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
well i have now 149.5rwkw from 131.1rwkw just from exhaust.. i have a 2.5" dual
How ya goin Vzsv6 been a while since ya been on,what other mods'have you done to you car lately.
I think you said when you fitted your dual 2.5" you gained mid -top end power and lost low down power is this true.
I spoke to C.A.P.A. recently about their Blower setup for the SV6s' and what exhaust's they had been testing and they said didn't notice any difference between in power with the dual 2.25" and dual 2.5" exhausts'.

timz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
A few comments and after some advice. Did a fair bit of research before modding the exhaust on my SV6 auto. Yes the V8 system will fit staight on - no probs. I almost went the dual 2 1/2", but was told to be careful - that it would make KW but loose low down torque which is what the SV6 really needs. Reason - over-exhausting. The trick is to keep a good flow through the whole system and get the exhaust cross flow between each bank of cylinder's exhaust pipes so each bank thinks it owns the whole system. This assists to build NM.
I ended up puting on a stainless "cats back" system - 2 1/4" from cats joining into single 2 1/2" pipe, into a 10 x 4 O/C muffler, 2 1/2" out into a 7" round resonator near the tail pipe. Changed the air filter to a K & N flat panel at the same time. (Total cost $900). On the dyno before 135 rwkw - straight after 142 rwkw - at flywheel by calculation 10+ kw and torque also increased. The exhaust has a really nice note - not drummy or droning. Still waiting for the ECU to learn and re-map itself because I am finding auto trans shift points & fuel consumption a little bit erratic. It goes back on the dyno after 600 km to see the final result when the ECU has settled down - hoping for another few KW and NM. Next up a bit of chip re-mapping?? Does anyone know who long it takes for a chip to settle in after mods and is driving technique during this time a factor?? - A mate with a Clubbie said his took about a whole tank after he bored the throttle body to sort itself. Anyone know anything about bored throttle bodies for alloytec 190?? See the following article on over-exhausting. http://www.apcenhancements.com.au/info.php

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Chips are instant gains no settle in period

timz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I havent started on the chip yet and still running with the factory program. All the info I have received indicates that the factory chip will adjust itself to compensate for octane, air flow etc, but it takes a while (500 to 700 km) to adjust itself - see also http://www.apcenhancements.com.au/info.php . Looking in on a custom chip tune or Powerechip, but I will wait and see what happens after re-dyno next week. Thanks for the comment.

Cambo780

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi all, I have a blue 2005 190 sv6, after researching i have come to the conclusion there is alot of different views about what type of exhaust systems to have on the sv6.
I to herd that if you run a twin 2.5 inch you will loose power down low, but after talking to the guys at pipewerx, they are finding a 2.5inch cat back into a 2 1/4 inch over a meter or so, then into the final box with a twin ends out the back, is the go. Which is the same setup as the SS, producing a good note and not loosing power down low.

Also I asked about doing my sensores looms exstractors and cats, but was told that dyno test on stock and then 1000k later on full system install proved that it was the same. It turns out that the computer in the sv6 doesnt adjust, but stays on the same settings.

But this is only what ive herd and researched, the system is to go on my car in the next couple of days.