Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytec exhaust

R

Rob78

want a nicer note from my VZ Thunder V6 alloytech, any suggestions, what have people done that has worked well. Have talked to exhaust shops some only recommend dual system for the alloytech, others say stay clear only single. Could I change rear muffler only. Not after heaps of noise or power gains just a nicer note

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
all gen111 ute exhuast will bolt up to your cats, and as far as i no everyone that gets a complete new exhaust got dual.

as for the rear muffler. i had mine removed from my sv6, but i had it made so the muffler can be bolted straight back up. it sounds pretty good, but a full exhaust would be better

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Check out the dual Difilippo 2 1/4 cat back :thumbsup:
I've heard only good things
I'm looking for somewhere close to Kensington to fit my ute

ginnsynz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
Hi All

I am new memeber and this is my first post as it is something i have spent some time on.
I have a SV6 with Alloytech 190 and we have tried four different systems that are available here in NZ.
The twin system gave more top end and nice note but was boomy :cry: down at 1500rpm. Ended up making custom (mate works at exhaust place) two into ones out of the cats (2 1/4") that are about 600mm long, then through a single 2 3/4", a small resonator and into a Stainless Steel rear muffler that is made by a company in NZ (Coby) for the GenIV v8.

Final outcome is lots more torque, will now hold 4th from 1250rpm and pull without kicking down (have the 5 speed auto), no boom at all, and when you give it the beans she sounds like a muffled v8, in fact i have de-badged it and even the local holden dealers were asking what it was.

Both definatley freed up the top end and it revs cleaner, got half a car length against a std SV6 at 100kph. Next step to remove the cat's to get a decent note down low and free up some more power. :yeah:

Also trying to find a decent CAI, anyone got any suggestions.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Check out the HSV Intake thread in here.:thumbsup:

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Ive just recently put mine on catback and sounds pretty sweet. HEaders, Cats, Secondaries, Muffler, Resonator Twin Tip. Has a nice note and is not a drone exhaust like most 6s turn out to be. I guess it being manual helps out for sure.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Ive just recently put mine on catback and sounds pretty sweet. HEaders, Cats, Secondaries, Muffler, Resonator Twin Tip. Has a nice note and is not a drone exhaust like most 6s turn out to be. I guess it being manual helps out for sure.
Here ya go a new system out from HM Headers they sent this reply back to me.
We have designed a header for the Alloytec motor which we will be producing very soon, it is a HM112SS which is a stainless steel header which will bolt up to your existing catalytic convertors or into our hi-flow cats which have a 2 1/8” outlet as we found that was the best size for the engine. With our headers and cats we gained approx 35nm low down in the rev range where its needed the most.:yeah:

We also have a dual 2 1/8” exhaust system already on the market - HM112DS

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Spoke to HM Headers this morning they will have them available end of Nov 06' :thumbsup:
Just have to wait a little longer

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Spoke to HM Headers this morning they will have them available end of Nov 06' :thumbsup:
Just have to wait a little longer

Who and Where are HM Headers

ginnsynz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
I have just priced the Genie stainless steel ones, and have been told to drop the cats all together as our laws here allow it and my exhaust guy tells me the oxy sensors are self heating so will be ok. Apparently the genies are good for 10-15kW (not exactly sure on tourque gains) depending of course on other mods as we know.