Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec intermittent fault - not starting.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
is the engine ratterly . mine was hard to start 2,3 secs don't sound a lot but ive done the chains and starts straight away how many klms I went to work this morning no codes come home lol cam code lol but the car goes great got me
Thanks for your suggestion. Vehicle has 102,000 km recorded. No rattles evident.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
How old is the remote ??
Might be time to change the battery in the remote.

My VZ wagon has been free of start problems since I put a new battery in the remote, but last week I decided to start using the older remote and yesterday the car started then stopped instantly so I might have to put a new battery in the old remote as well.

edit.. I just read the op again so next time it plays up remove the key and then have another go because this is what my wagon was doing before I replaced the remote battery, and I found at the time if I removed the key then tried again it would start..
Interesting findings. Hadn't considered the battery in the key. Will definitely try your suggestion.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can't remember if the VZ has the contact ring on the ignition barrel. If it does, try prying it out a bit so that it makes better contact with the key.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Thanks for your reply. A 'bold' statement. Are there any other obvious indicators to support your theory ?
It's the 2nd most common issue after timing chains lol

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I can't remember if the VZ has the contact ring on the ignition barrel. If it does, try prying it out a bit so that it makes better contact with the key.
Holy **** dude. Nice to see you round again.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Like Miley Cyrus sneaking in on a wrecking ball.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Have tried the suggestion of swapping keys. Seems to have resolved the issue. Am arranging for a replacement battery in the troublesome key fob. Once again, thanks for the responses and suggestions.