Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Owners: Who has the best sounding alloytec?

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I thought I might create this thread because I for one know how hard it is to get the Alloytec sounding good whilst making modifications to the exhaust. This is where us Alloytec owners can gather together and post up a clip of our Alloytec's exhaust and a short brief engine modification list and show the world the potential of the Alloytec's.

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I thought i might start!

Engine mods:
• XForce Twin 2.25" Cat-back Exhaust
• XForce 200cpi cats
• XForce Extractors

[youtube]<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GifoQyE8is0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GifoQyE8is0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>[/youtube]

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
'Best sounding' is totally subjective. What one person likes, another dislikes. Aftermarket exhausts on Alloyecs all sound like a fart in a can IMO. But you can only work with what you've got I guess.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I wouldn't say "all" Alloytechs sound like a fart. The problem with reving them on the spot gives no indication to what an exhaust really sounds like anyway (especially on alloytechs as they have different cam settings until the car warms up which takes 5-10 mins) and that makes the exhaust sound different anyway.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
my alloytec sounded alright with the stock system taken off from the cats:p..if you go on my facebook and have a look at the videos section you will see what i mean hahaa..sounds like a tractor at low revs but up high it sounded sweet...was ****in loud too hahahaha

facebook page is my signature:D