Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Pcv valve removal

Nick86

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Vs Commodore Berlina V6
Hello everyone i've recently read up how drilling out the pcv valve can benefit performance and allow the engine to breath more efficiently. But i am having trouble removing it as it seems stuck. I have seen many videos where people remove it with ease. But i cannot get it out, i have tired pulling up on the valve spraying wd 40 around to try and remove it even trying to pry underneath it to no success. Is there some type of way to get it out? or is it glued shut to the valve cover?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
its proberly seeled to the grommet try turning it 1st in the grommet to brake seal before then wriggle it out might need a new grommet if it has one proberly baked

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
there stuck in with red threadlock i used a set of multigrips twist and pull can cover with a rag if u dont want to damage it or get a new one from holden 40 bucks here is the part number GM#12583384 or acdelco
dont know if your read this thread https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/alloytec-pcv.279039/ all the info is in there

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is a bit of red thread lock on it. The valve needs to be given a little twist to break the thread lock and then it will come out.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes Vise grips are a must.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
So glad someone else posted this. I think I read the same mod as op and have been wanting to do it for a while, but for the life of me, can't find the thread. Anyone able to post a link? I remember the guy aid something like 2x2mm for the bottom and a 3mm for the top, but want to clarify.

DeanoV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Did mine 5.5mm on the top and 2.5mm x2 on the bottom.
It was well worth it my oil leaks have stopped and car runs better, It had a slight miss at idle now gone

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
So glad someone else posted this. I think I read the same mod as op and have been wanting to do it for a while, but for the life of me, can't find the thread. Anyone able to post a link? I remember the guy aid something like 2x2mm for the bottom and a 3mm for the top, but want to clarify.

@Fu Manchu will be able to help you out, I think he was the thread originator.