Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec pcv

nzv8farmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 04 VZ
Will be interested in how this goes, I'm thinking of doing this myself, have cleaned mine out a couple times and always comes back, worse over summer than winter interestingly. I do wonder if it would be possible to link the 2 hoses together into one catch can and block one of the intake breathers.

rcsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Will be interested in how this goes, I'm thinking of doing this myself, have cleaned mine out a couple times and always comes back, worse over summer than winter interestingly. I do wonder if it would be possible to link the 2 hoses together into one catch can and block one of the intake breathers.
You can buy catch cans with more ports but they cost a lot more and with 2 different size hoses from each side I found it easier to use 2 cans mounted on a bit of 3mmx60mmx100mm alloy plate bolted onto studs on strut tower

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
You can buy catch cans with more ports but they cost a lot more and with 2 different size hoses from each side I found it easier to use 2 cans mounted on a bit of 3mmx60mmx100mm alloy plate bolted onto studs on strut tower
Nice install - and yes using two catch cans will keep the original gas flows.

Make sure the inlet hose inside the catch-can on the breather side (passenger) does not sit in the captured oil. Otherwise the gunk oil can be sucked back into the engine.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
They look like they belong there as the colour of the cans suits the car colour.

mdjbags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
Looks great. Did you observe any improvement to power or fuel economy?

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Where did you get those cans?

rcsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
The brown line that goes into the intake pipe is not a PCV line it runs of the purge valve.
Yeah sorry I didn't name that hose on the passenger side in that post, but I did say in a previous post showing the routing for the 1st catch can that the pcv was on the drivers side, so I didn't think there would be any confusion.

OCO0012

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ Berlina 2006
Actually I was wrong that line is not from the purge valve.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Sorry. Know this is an old thread, but am wanting to the same. Just looking at the diagram that rcsv6 posted, could you plumb straight from the catch can to the plenum, or do you have to go through the factory pipes?