Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec power up

wilburt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec
I have just purchased a vz exec, bog stock. I want to free the engine up. Has anyone come across aftermarket bolt-ons or re-tuning with good results. I know the alloytec has similar engine management to the Gen3, can it be re-mapped the same way? Haven't seen much out there yet, except for a C.A.P.A. blower kit.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
if you use the search feature most mods are easy to find,
cold air induction, extractors, exhaust, the usual stuff

most ppl are still waiting for VCM to release their tuning product once the trials are over

helmsy

Just Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
How much cash you got??

Look at CAPA superchargers if you have plenty to spare. Otherwise do a search for CAI or exhaust componenets and VCM tunes.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I have just purchased a vz exec, bog stock. I want to free the engine up. Has anyone come across aftermarket bolt-ons or re-tuning with good results. I know the alloytec has similar engine management to the Gen3, can it be re-mapped the same way? Haven't seen much out there yet, except for a C.A.P.A. blower kit.

apparently the alloytec is a pretty tuff engine so you put a bit of power through them, look back at the main page and you will find a thread for vcm tuning, which i believe has now released there tuning software, you could also go twin turbo and get like 300 to 400kw at the flywheel or something:whistling

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
For ppl on a budget and after some extra poke like me, the HP tuners beta software is the go, I went from 188rwhp stock to 213rwhp! VZ SV6 :)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
how much did that cost Shanghai and from where?

I'm thinking it might be useful on the Adventra which uses the same 190kw engine

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Matt, Castle hill Exhaust $990 ya looking at, I paid that same amount 4 years ago when I had my LS1 ute done and that was just a re-program not a custom jobbie :). Just under 25rwhp is bloody awesome with just a tune, I will add she runs on 98! nothing less for my baby :)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
mine runs on 98 too - makes it go faster :yeah: