Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec reliability ?

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
Has anyone had any major problems with Alloytec's ? I bought mine at 60,000k (VE 06 Omega)& its just under 180,000 and seems as good as when i bought it ?

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Has anyone had any major problems with Alloytec's ? I bought mine at 60,000k (VE 06 Omega)& its just under 180,000 and seems as good as when i bought it ?

I've always been under the impression that they are pretty reliable (even though our 07 SV6 only has 40,000kms :D)
My thinking way that because the are relatively large engines when compared to all the 2 litre 4 cylinder engines out there these days so most of the time when cruising your only sitting around 1000rpm whereas most people are probably sitting around anywhere from 2500-4000rpm. So obviously less revolutions means less wear and that means they last longer. Obviously what i'm saying could be absolute bullshit but that was just my impression.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
My alloytec vz wagon has got close to 190,000 kms now. Engine is factory direct injection gas system and has never missed a beat

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
The only things iv'e heard is to make sure you keep the maintenance up on them so they don't sludge up and watch out for the timing chain that seems to let go on some of them...but not all