Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec traction control

bjmag94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Alright so I'm not a big fan of traction control, so I decided to remove the 25 amp esp/trac fuse from the engine bay, after this the abs warning comes on when you first turn the ignition on, and then every probably 2 minutes after that then handbrake warning chimes and goes nuts, is there any way around this, to turn off traction control but not have these warnings.
TIA

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Traction control is part of your breaking system so of coarse pulling the fuse will tell your ABS light to come on, I say go and see if a auto elect can run a switch to trick the computer even though its off, or just pull the fuse for burnouts but I think you have less horsepower.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i just look in the handbook if you have a button on the console than you have it
we have a exec and it has the 25 amp fuse esp/trac and no button so no we don t have it

bjmag94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
i just look in the handbook if you have a button on the console than you have it
we have a exec and it has the 25 amp fuse esp/trac and no button so no we don t have it
Thanks, i didn't even think to look in the hand book, I've got a vz lumina, there's no button, but under the console there's a spare clip cable to clip another button in, but unsure what button that'd be haha.
I've been thinking of booking it in to be tuned

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
The best advice is to leave it alone!
It might not pass a roadworthy with that modification (interference with electronic stability program/ABS warning). You do realise it is a safety feature, as much about your safety AND ALSO OTHER ROAD USERS around you!

On certain VZ Commodores there is a pre-wired button tucked under the centre console. Its application is specific to service vehicles that are optioned to make use of it. It has no other purpose, and is nulled when the services vehicle is released for public resale.