Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Tuning

MACE

Reaction score
You guys just made my day im soo excited now :D Keep us in the loop please.
OH and expect $1615 in your account next Wednesdays pay day for me and pay day means CPR6 :)

Will do :)

In regards to the manifold shoot us an email with your list of current mods and what you want out of the build so I can best advise :)

Cheers,
Steve

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Will do :)

In regards to the manifold shoot us an email with your list of current mods and what you want out of the build so I can best advise :)

Cheers,
Steve

Also you may have to wait two weeks for that money as i have to go to the dentist tommorow :p lol fingers crossed*

The manifold will be my first mod inside the engine bay, unless you guys can suggest otherwise. Other than a self tune (slowly teaching myself through the tables and using the scanner to alter changes) test subjects are welcome for a small fee :)

My goal is ultimately for more low down performance, hopefully I'll be looking at cams this time next year, depending on my finical status

my list includes.
Cpr6
Exhaust cats and extractors.
Throttle body (if you guys end up producing it :D)
Cams
under drive pulley
Strengthend gearbox
Mace gearbox tune ^

Thanks

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Also you may have to wait two weeks for that money as i have to go to the dentist tommorow :p lol fingers crossed*

The manifold will be my first mod inside the engine bay, unless you guys can suggest otherwise. Other than a self tune (slowly teaching myself through the tables and using the scanner to alter changes) test subjects are welcome for a small fee :)

My goal is ultimately for more low down performance, hopefully I'll be looking at cams this time next year, depending on my finical status

my list includes.
Cpr6
Throttle body (if you guys end up producing it :D)
Cams
under drive pulley
Strengthend gearbox
Mace gearbox tune ^

Thanks

"Also you may have to wait two weeks for that money as i have to go to the dentist tommorow :p lol fingers crossed*"
That's always nice, good or bad you always leave there much lighter in the wallet :( Sometimes I think I got my degree in the wrong field LOL

"The manifold will be my first mod inside the engine bay, unless you guys can suggest otherwise. Other than a self tune (slowly teaching myself through the tables and using the scanner to alter changes) test subjects are welcome for a small fee"
Good to see you're giving the tuning side of things a go :) Get good enough and I might be able to send some people your way if you're interested :D No conflict of interest here as we don't tune them at the moment, but we turn a number of people away though :(

The manifold will help out if plan on doing other mods as mentioned.

"My goal is ultimately for more low down performance, hopefully I'll be looking at cams this time next year, depending on my finical status

my list includes.
Cpr6
Throttle body (if you guys end up producing it )
Cams
under drive pulley
Strengthend gearbox
Mace gearbox tune ^"

Sounds like a decent list :)

I have a ported throttle body here to suit. If you think you can tune it you can borrow it. The problem we had when installing this item is that it would hunt around heaps on idle :( No engine light came on, so I've come to the conclusion that a tune is in order, could be wrong though.

Cheers,
Steve

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
"Also you may have to wait two weeks for that money as i have to go to the dentist tommorow :p lol fingers crossed*"
That's always nice, good or bad you always leave there much lighter in the wallet :( Sometimes I think I got my degree in the wrong field LOL

"The manifold will be my first mod inside the engine bay, unless you guys can suggest otherwise. Other than a self tune (slowly teaching myself through the tables and using the scanner to alter changes) test subjects are welcome for a small fee"
Good to see you're giving the tuning side of things a go :) Get good enough and I might be able to send some people your way if you're interested :D No conflict of interest here as we don't tune them at the moment, but we turn a number of people away though :(

The manifold will help out if plan on doing other mods as mentioned.

"My goal is ultimately for more low down performance, hopefully I'll be looking at cams this time next year, depending on my finical status

my list includes.
Cpr6
Throttle body (if you guys end up producing it )
Cams
under drive pulley
Strengthend gearbox
Mace gearbox tune ^"

Sounds like a decent list :)

I have a ported throttle body here to suit. If you think you can tune it you can borrow it. The problem we had when installing this item is that it would hunt around heaps on idle :( No engine light came on, so I've come to the conclusion that a tune is in order, could be wrong though.

Cheers,
Steve

Ahh the Dentist, not much more needed to be said :emb: ahah and Im sure petrol heads such as myself would be lost if you didn't choose this career path and for that we thank you :yeah:

In Regards to tuning thanks its a difficult task.
And Im not quite ready for full on customers just people who want specifics like torque management and little other things improved.

Also in regards to the throttle body IMO (i know next to nothing lol) But sounds like throttle position sensor (TPS) is going a little crazy sending wrong messages to the ECU, i believe it would be nothing more than that.

So if my theory is correct the "Desired air load" and "Max VE airflow" along with revisiting the MAF and idle side of things. so i believe these are the tables that need to be assessed. And depending if the engine was warm, on a warm start the alloytec should be 650rpm, on a cold start 1200 - 800rpm.

Just my two cents, I know you have a far greater knowledge than me, and you would know where the problem lies :)

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Well I do enjoy what I, certainly is a love job for sure LOL

In regards to the tuning side of things understood.

If you want to have a play tuning the throttle body let us know

Cheers,
Steve

I Think i'll get the manifold then decided if i've got the time to have a muck around with TB :) thanks

06Calais

Keeps me Broke
Reaction score
Website
img717.imageshack.us
Members Ride
06 calais
Im a VZ Calais owner. I have the 5 spd auto. But auto aside, ther seems to be a lack of aftermarket performance parts for the VZ, when compared to models before and after such as the VE. Why is it so? Can somebody help me understand this? Is it because there where not a lot of VZ's sold, or is it because there are more differences in the VZ compared to models before? I love my VZ and I think its a great car, buyt I am frustrated at the lack of products and even reviews, information etc. There seems to be more on the VE. It may be just my imagination, but if others have observed this Id love to know what you reckon.