Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Tuning

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
At the moment can do it for $495 :)

I have manifold insulators a CAI and cat back exhaust, would a tune be worth it or should I get extractors and cats first then look at a tune later.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

MACE

Reaction score
I have manifold insulators a CAI and cat back exhaust, would a tune be worth it or should I get extractors and cats first then look at a tune later.

It would. In saying that though, bare in mind that extractors and high flow cats will take away some bottom end torque

Wow 495 for a tune is a steal!
Yeah it's not bad :)

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Hey Steve,

For the mail order tune , would there be any noticeable power/fuel economy improvements if the car was a vz 190 with only manifold insulators?

Thanks

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hey Steve,

For the mail order tune , would there be any noticeable power/fuel economy improvements if the car was a vz 190 with only manifold insulators?

Thanks

A tune will always help as Holden love to detune their motors. If you run 98 octane fuel as well will help.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
It would. In saying that though, bare in mind that extractors and high flow cats will take away some bottom end torque

really!?! I don't wanna loose any bottom end torque.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Thanks
Generally speaking there would be for the reasons that wraith has mentioned below

A tune will always help as Holden love to detune their motors. If you run 98 octane fuel as well will help.

really!?! I don't wanna loose any bottom end torque.
Put it this way, I had a customer with a VZ SV6 take off their extractors and high flow cats as they weren't happy with the reduction in low end torque :(

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Might just save for the tune then and see how I go.