Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytec turbo setup

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
hey steve,

just wondering if you could offer some advice.

I've got intentions of going turbo in my ute. Now i don't wanna spend $8k on the proflow kit, and i'm pretty handy with a spanner.
What size turbo would you recommend using on the alloytec 195?

As you know i ordered a few bits off you, and will be ordering the cams when available :) and the cpr6 at some point too.

if i run 6psi i should only need to upgrade fuel pump and injectors with all these mods?

any advice would be of great help

cheers.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Faynt11,

" just wondering if you could offer some advice.

I've got intentions of going turbo in my ute. Now i don't wanna spend $8k on the proflow kit, and i'm pretty handy with a spanner.
What size turbo would you recommend using on the alloytec 195? "

I'm no expert but the garret gt3582 or gt3540 seem to work well on the V6 engines. This is the same turbo as used on the Ford XR6 turbo engines. Having said that, it is best to decide what sort of power your chasing, work out how much boost is required to achieve the power target and then check the turbo maps to find out that will suit your needs.

" if i run 6psi i should only need to upgrade fuel pump and injectors with all these mods? "
Injectors, Yes. Fuel pump should be ok for about 6 psi, of course I would recommend ensuring you have good fuel pressure at full power.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Bart