Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Valve guides

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Can anyone tell me where I can buy new valve guides for a 2005 vz alloytec? Holden spare parts don't even have a part number, according to them I can buy new valves with oversize stems (at $127 ea inlet and $134 ea exhaust,I dont think so) or replace the heads, wtf.
The only seller I could find is Revhigh, ordered them and received only 20 guides with internal diameter of 8mm instead of 6mm. When I contacted them I was told they were the only guides they have.
I have spent a lot of time and money on this rebuild and would like to finish it properly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Have you tried mace engineering?
Yes, I have bought several parts so far from Mace, (pistons, rings, bearings and a valve regrind kit,) but unfortunately they dont have guides.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
may have to go to GMH USA???

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
may have to go to GMH USA???
I found 1 place that can get them, UMR Engines in Melbourne, $240. plus postage. Be cheaper to get them made at a machine shop. There nothing special, cast iron tube, no grooves. I can't see why no one has them.
15489835806931773742433.jpg

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
prob because as you say cheaper to get a machine shop to knock up a set .....Ive ended up doing that a few times on old pommy stuff....