Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytech (190kw) into a vt?

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
It would be nice to have that sort of money to do the swap but wait! if you throw the money at your present ecotec engine and drive line, I can imagine a 400 RWKW engine with a top line clutch and new six speed manual gearbox, hard LSD and a great set of wheels and tyres...Plus some really good suspension and brakes to hold the thing on the road. And enough change to shout your mates a keg, or two.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

94CLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 HSV CLUBSPORT NO.356
hey guys, im looking at putting a alloytech engine into my vt. woundering what this would cost me? id probs buy parts from wreckers. just an estimation would be good. dnt bother saying just buy a vz, i love my car and have plans for it haha

mate i wouldn't bother there a lemon,saw one just the other day blow a lot of blue smoke on start up at 135k,s? and have a very flat power curve so does't fell like 190kw,put a LS1,2 in it instead

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
ive seen a few off them smoke as well.......
mate i wouldn't bother there a lemon,saw one just the other day blow a lot of blue smoke on start up at 135k,s? and have a very flat power curve so does't fell like 190kw,put a LS1,2 in it instead

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I,m halfway through the same conversion. it's not as simply as you think(I'm using the VE SV6 225 engine though). nothing is the same as the VT. The easiest way is to buy a wrecked donor car(and cheapest).If you using VZ you should be able to swap alot over to VT. And yes you could be like the rest of the sheep and turbo or super charge the ecotec, but then you wouldn't have a unique car would you. as for cost, if you can do a lot of hands on stuff yourself, you'll be able to do if for less than half the 20k suggested. if that's what you want to do, go ahead and do it, dont let the doubters talk you out of it.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I,m halfway through the same conversion. it's not as simply as you think(I'm using the VE SV6 225 engine though). nothing is the same as the VT. The easiest way is to buy a wrecked donor car(and cheapest).If you using VZ you should be able to swap alot over to VT. And yes you could be like the rest of the sheep and turbo or super charge the ecotec, but then you wouldn't have a unique car would you. as for cost, if you can do a lot of hands on stuff yourself, you'll be able to do if for less than half the 20k suggested. if that's what you want to do, go ahead and do it, dont let the doubters talk you out of it.

There is not ve 225 engine lol its either the sv6 195kw or the sidi 210kw

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
for $10-20k..I would be looking at an LS1, not a crappytech.

NSTG8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo R8 + VX Berlina 5.7
clearly the only way to go about it "cheaply" would be to buy a wrecked VZ SV6 from the Auctions and use all the running gear out of it. Would save a lot of hassles trying to source bits and pieces, and will be a lot cheaper than buying individual parts. Plus you can sell off all the bits you don't need and make some money back