Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytech (190kw) into a vt?

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
hey guys, im looking at putting a alloytech engine into my vt. woundering what this would cost me? id probs buy parts from wreckers. just an estimation would be good. dnt bother saying just buy a vz, i love my car and have plans for it haha

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
20 k for an engine swap?

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
i have a good mate who is a mechanic and hed do everything for me cheaps as. just parts, how much am i looking at?

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
All new stuff would be $4,500+ for motor, $2,500+ for manual trans, $1,000+ for good clutch(assuming you want to go manual).
So it would be an easy 8 or 9 grand just for the basic mechanical parts, then there's all the electrics and fitment. I reckon go for it
if you've got the cash, good luck man.

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
oh of course manual all the way haha. yeh i thought itd be around the 10 k mark for brand new parts. hoping i can find some used parts in good condition to cut some price down.

thanks man

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
In my opinion it would be an absolute waste of money. Might as well throw the money your going to waste on it at the original engine.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
It would be nice to have that sort of money to do the swap but wait! if you throw the money at your present ecotec engine and drive line, I can imagine a 400 RWKW engine with a top line clutch and new six speed manual gearbox, hard LSD and a great set of wheels and tyres...Plus some really good suspension and brakes to hold the thing on the road. And enough change to shout your mates a keg, or two.

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
FG XR6 TURBO /RIP VT II LS1 Clubby, VR Commodore S
+1 for what graham7773 said, go get a turbo manifold from boost obsession thats about almost $2000, a t60 turbo from master power turbo for 950, bov wastegate turbosmart branded $800, intercooler + piping+ dump pipe from turbo to exhuast 1600, then $1000 for tune + 3-400 for injectors + 150 for fuel pump,and run like 10 psi stock, maybo change over to mls cometic head gaskets for extra 800 put in and your laughin

some that up and your looking at 6gz max then get auto done max 3 grand and engine 3 grand then
your looking at 12gz and only on 13 psi you will make around the 412rwhp which is like 300rwkw, harro vr's car made that much