Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytech exhaust (175)

motivator

Reaction score
Has anyone here put a cat back exhaust on their alloytech 175. Spoke to one of the dealer mechanics and he reakons that 2/3rds of the power from an exhaust system come from the cat back part.

Would like to know whether it is worth going mild steel or stainless steel. Obviously the exhaust shops say that stainless sounds better but it is twice the price! aint worried bout it rusting cos it dont get wet much.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Stainless sounded better on my VS... NFI on a VZ though.

theautomationguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross 6
Rust will happen even if the car never drives in the rain with mild steel. To do with the heat & humidity. Even brand new cars do not use mild steel, they use alloys &/or coating of exhausts.

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
go the s/s you will only have to do it once

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
I've had a mild steel 2 1/2" exhaust on my VN for a good 10 years now, with no problems.

MRSHL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Alloytec 175 wagon
hey mate, howd you go with the exhaust as im curious as to how it sounds now as i have a 175 too and wanting to get a better sound.

Has anyone here put a cat back exhaust on their alloytech 175. Spoke to one of the dealer mechanics and he reakons that 2/3rds of the power from an exhaust system come from the cat back part.

Would like to know whether it is worth going mild steel or stainless steel. Obviously the exhaust shops say that stainless sounds better but it is twice the price! aint worried bout it rusting cos it dont get wet much.