Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytech Manifold

XR6_661

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 BA XR6
I’m a newbie to Holdens, currently in the process of picking and purchasing an 05 SV6.

Either way…

I’ve read a lot about the CPR6 manifolds and it seems they are the only option, and if you ask me for the price an approx. 25rwhp gain in an N/A is great. Try get that same gain in a Falcon 6 with a forward plenum and bigger TB. Won’t happen, if anything you’ll lose bottom end.

Now, (and I’m making assumptions here) isn’t the CPR6 just a bigger capacity manifold? In theory, couldn’t one pick up a std alloytech manifold and ‘bore’ it out? Seen it done on Falcon BBMs…
Are there any kind of built in restrictions in the std manifold? i.e. butterflys?

If you could just get it to flow a tad better, you could see results for the cost of a 2nd hand alloytech manifold or the cost of a few hours.

Like I said this is just me making assumptions and are probably not correct.

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
go on their site and check it out. they show you how much they open it up. think theres a fair bit involved not just a few hours. plus they'll know what to take out and leave ext. to get the result

Macca87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
spoken to a couple of guys that race the alloytechs and they have said to me that you dont get that much gains out of them unless you have done some serious modifications already, it also says i believe on there website that the 20-30rwkw you get is only with other work done