Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Almost Crashed :S

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Hey guys, my fault completely, went into a corner too fast (would usually be fine) and hit a wet patch (didnt know it had been raining). thanks to abs i pulled up fine but may have slightly clipped a gutter. What should i look for? I know it needs a wheel alignment, other than that which things should i check?
Thanks guys.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
What end (front/back)hit the gutter pending how hard you hit light hit say up to 40kph can't see much bending/braking plus 40kph jack the car up and look for cracked paint on suspension arms atc you will know if you bent somthing your steering/ride/feel will change

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
As Tivoom said which end, roughly how hard and how much angle?

If its front end I might be able to give you some advice as to what to look for.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey guys front end, maybe went into the corner around 60kph or around there. front left wheel has the small nick on it now, it would have hit very slowly because where i stopped was right next to the gutter, so would have hit while braking.
Cheers guys

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
shouldnt be too much then , maybe check your link pins ?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Just have check everything in there. Don't take it to a suspension place, they will tell you that you need to replace bushes, calipers, link pins, rotors and hubs etc.

Check it all yourself for dints, bends, cracks, leaks, noises etc. If everything is working A ok, then you should be alright. Just don't go hard on the brakes for a few days until you feel confident that they are working fine.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Yeah I second that, Don't go to a suspension mob. They said I needed to replace everything but the actual part which was damaged.

Check everything over with a tape measure comparing it to the other side. When I had my front end incident what turned out to be damaged was the radius rod was straightened out and where the radius rod bolts into the k frame was actually pulled back about 10mm, also the steering rack was rooted. Took us ages to figure out the k frame was damaged as we were looking at the control arms etc not the frame itself.