Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alot of fresh oil in the air intake

bendertrend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
just removed the plastic that forms air intake from infront of the air inlet butterfly and found alot of fresh oil pooled inside of it and running down from the butterfly.

the amount of oil seems to be far in excess of "blow by". i also noticed there is a plastic pipe connected to this plastic air intake that runs back into the rocker cover above the last cylinder ( passenger side) is this here help remove excess oil but???

VE calais 135000 kms hmm thinking this maybe the time to trade in. also has " strecthed timing chain " fault.

bendertrend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
thanks. finally i have been able to look at the car again. the PCV was gummed up pretty bad so a thorough clean and a long drive later all seems to be ok.
thanks again

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Hey mate, i put a catch can on mine and it works really well my manifold stays clean and the can catches it all, works well!

What brand of catch can do you have?

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
had noticed the oil/gum in intake duct when I had put my CAI, right after that I also used CatchCan and it took care of it.

I'd recommend Saikou Michi catch cans, rigid and sleek.

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Ive got an elite engineering one its made in the states very good quality but a joint in Aus here sells them

How big is the catch can? cannot decide between 500mL or 1L. Also how often do you empty it (might help me decide on the size)?

Cheers mate

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
How big is the catch can? cannot decide between 500mL or 1L. Also how often do you empty it (might help me decide on the size)?

Cheers mate

Hey lad

Heres right off the site for the size "The 2.6" diameter by 6.0" long body is machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum alloy" i change it every 5000kms when i do oil ect and it hasnt got heaps would only be a quarter full if that so its plenty big enough

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
They eazy to install?