Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alpine help for VE Front Splits

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Ah cool! You installing them yourself? I've got a set of FLI COMP 6s with me right now which my customers rave about. I can come up and you can give them a test in your car if you want.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Ah cool! You installing them yourself? I've got a set of FLI COMP 6s with me right now which my customers rave about. I can come up and you can give them a test in your car if you want.

Yeah I was going to have a go at it, can't be that hard. Would there be any fitment issues with the tweeters in the original spaces under the dash?

How does the test in the car work! Sounds like a fair bit of effort?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Well none of my customers have had a problem thus far. Lets just give it a try and see what happens. I have an installer friend of mine up there with some AD6s as well so you might be interested in listening to those too.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Well none of my customers have had a problem thus far. Lets just give it a try and see what happens. I have an installer friend of mine up there with some AD6s as well so you might be interested in listening to those too.

Is there potential to get improvement over stock without amping? Also what sort of pricing am I looking at in this range?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Well I definitely expect an improvement over stock without amplification but a more dramatic improvement with an amplifier. Its $130 a set. If you need a spacer or something its only like $10 or so, I have some in stock.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Well I definitely expect an improvement over stock without amplification but a more dramatic improvement with an amplifier. Its $130 a set. If you need a spacer or something its only like $10 or so, I have some in stock.

Sounds good. Whats the plan? I am happy to come to you.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
I've got university up there on Monday. So I can come up then if you want. I'm meeting with Greg from ASR Audio up there. Forgot that he was a sponsor on here and I can mention him LOL. You might as well come with me and meet him because theres plenty of stuff that he can help you with as well. Unless you already know him?

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
I've got university up there on Monday. So I can come up then if you want. I'm meeting with Greg from ASR Audio up there. Forgot that he was a sponsor on here and I can mention him LOL. You might as well come with me and meet him because theres plenty of stuff that he can help you with as well. Unless you already know him?

Might be tough Monday as I work in North Ryde and getting back at a reasonable time is always tough. Maybe we can touch base during the week to work something out?

I am keen to hear some options though just in case one suits what I am after more than the other. Happy to PM some proper contact details if this suits?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Yeah mate we can work out some date or something.

Details are in my signature but my contact number is 0424 141 390. Just give me a call or something when your free. I've got the FLI ones and one of my customers has an extra set of SPL Dynamics splits. I really should call him to get those back LOL!