Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alpine ilx-702D and Calais V Rear O/H DVD integration

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
This photo is of the sticker on the screen, it was a LH screen which has inputs, the RHS screen doesn’t and just mirrors the left one I think.
See pin 14 and 15. They are the serial data lines used for communication.
I doubt this will help but would be great if you found similar after dissecting yours. I think it was a Blaupunkt or Panasonic branded screen

Attachments

• 83CD75D7-88DE-4000-8420-123AE2796EEC.jpeg
    83CD75D7-88DE-4000-8420-123AE2796EEC.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 131

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
This photo is of the sticker on the screen, it was a LH screen which has inputs, the RHS screen doesn’t and just mirrors the left one I think.
See pin 14 and 15. They are the serial data lines used for communication.
I doubt this will help but would be great if you found similar after dissecting yours. I think it was a Blaupunkt or Panasonic branded screen
Thanks Slip, I'll pass this onto my fitter when he has a look next week. My 'kids' are grown up now so no real biggie - but It'd be nice to have the DVD player working instead of sitting in the roof as a lump of useless junk.

Oops, just realised this likely not the same on my VE Calais overhead DVD. It is a Blaupunkt but I fear the tech is different again.

Last edited:

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I’m pretty sure it was blaupunkt and I agree the pin out is likely different. I’m just hoping yours maybe similar by having a diagram on the back cover once pulled apart. It would be sick if you could get it working. I’m sure the guys at pcmhacking could make an arduino or something to give it the required handshake/state of heath message. I do have the VE/WM service manuals and I’ll see if they have the pinouts in it for you