Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alpine type r

LKABOSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS series 1
so whats everyones opinions on alpine type r speakers and subs?

im lookin into a full system and want to know if im wasting my time with alpine and should look into other brands.

and im after quality not just volume :)

Yamaha Techy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
fusion stuff goes hard and the name and quality r there 2!!!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
fusion stuff goes hard and the name and quality r there 2!!!

Oh boy you poor misguided soul. Alpine is pretty average for what you pay. What's your budget?

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
ive got a 12" alpine type R sub in the back on my car, its goes alright, its busted the glue off of my boot and now it makes terrible vibrating noises when its loud, so i think thats enough to say the Type R stuff is pretty good.. But everyone will have an opinion so really ya best bet is to go to JB HIFI or Autobarn and listen to them yourself.. Then jump on ebay and pick them up for cheaper lol

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
ive got a 12" alpine type R sub in the back on my car, its goes alright, its busted the glue off of my boot and now it makes terrible vibrating noises when its loud, so i think thats enough to say the Type R stuff is pretty good.. But everyone will have an opinion so really ya best bet is to go to JB HIFI or Autobarn and listen to them yourself.. Then jump on ebay and pick them up for cheaper lol

This doesn't really say a lot about the subwoofer, it just says it's rattled your boot badly, a $50 sub from wow will do this.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
If you're after quality then you won't find it at your local Jb-Hifi or Autobarn. Give us a budget and we'll advice you further.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If you're after quality then you won't find it at your local Jb-Hifi or Autobarn. Give us a budget and we'll advice you further.

Quality, definately not at JB/WOW Sight and Sound/AUtobarn. A bargain, sometimes.

I got two sets of Polk MOMO splits for $250 each, ex-demo gear, full warranty. 2 x Kicker S12L7s at $200 each, ex-demo, full warranty. Stinger 0-gauge wiring kit, $150, brand new. And 4 Cadence ZRS series amps at $300-$400 each with RRP of about $800, some demo, some end-of-line.

I know none of that stuff is top-of-the-line, but they certainly aren't entry level gear.

But I do agree, you just can't go past a dedicated car audio shop.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport

This doesn't really say a lot about the subwoofer, it just says it's rattled your boot badly, a $50 sub from wow will do this.

I think he may be referring g to the glue between the boot frame and skin sweefu, not the cone itself.

LKABOSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS series 1
Oh boy you poor misguided soul. Alpine is pretty average for what you pay. What's your budget?

im lookin to spend anywhere up to 5 grand maybe a little more i love my music :)

brenny-21

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy s-pack
I'm pretty happy with my type r's.
My end receipt was $5700.

I brought it all august last year.
I got ex demo type R splits and a brand new type R splits. Type R 6x9s and two type R subs. and 4 amps to run it all. And a pioneer DVD head Unit of cause.
I had it all in my patrol and it kept blowing out the side sliding windows in the back.

Now have the system in my vy now. It's not as loud but still sets car alarms off and has the neighbours looking out there windows at night to see what the hell shook them out of bed.

I'm completely happy with mine.